Who has the most obscene stake blind?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Who has the most obscene stake blind?

Postby ira » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:39 pm

I am helping to write a small portion of a book that will be about Missouri duck hunting. My responsibility is the chapter on Boats and Blinds.

That said, I am wondering if anyone on here has a good contact or personal experience with big stake blinds on the MS or the cut-off's. I have hunted in several, but would like to hear the point of view from someone who is more familiar with what makes a good one than I am.

I hunted in one on Sunshine Lake for several years with some of my good friends. It had a boat hide in the back. Kitchen/ pooper in the middle (on opposite sides) and the front was a shooting platform. They used about 500 decoys all of the way around the blind and left a hole in front. Decoy weights were plastic cups filled with concrete and nails. After a big blow, you better plan on a day on the water and a sharp knife.

Feel free to PM or email me if you like.

Thanks, Ira
ira
DHC Sponsor

Re: Who has the most obscene stake blind?

Postby Public Hunter » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:41 pm

Don't have much of any content to offer you other than the "normal" stuff most everyone has hunted out of but would really like to know the name of the book and when you believe it will be published. I would like to place my advance order!
Public Hunter
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:31 am

Ira pm at ya
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby ira » Wed Jun 05, 2013 6:26 pm

Deadeye, I dont see the PM in my inbox. You can try emailing me if you want.

ira@momarsh.com

I am not sure if the committee in charge has decided on a name yet or not. I would imagine that it will be coming out in about a year. It is a pretty sizeable project from what I understand and will be something along the lines of the "Arkansas Duck Hunters Almanac."

As I said, I am involved in a very minor way.

Thanks, Ira
ira
DHC Sponsor

Postby SPatrick » Wed Jun 12, 2013 7:52 am

Ira, I have only been in Missouri for about 5 years, so I don't have the experience in this state that some of the other guys on the site do. However, I feel that some of the most obscene blinds you can find happen to be in the Alton pool on the Miss. Those guys really seem to go all out on their blinds. I remember seeing one that held 4 boats, and would have no problem holding at least 10 shooters.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting