warrensburg

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

warrensburg

Postby sjndknichols » Thu Jun 27, 2013 1:35 pm

I am coming up to the burg for college this coming fall i know of all the good conservation areas around here i was looking to see if anybody around here had any information is it easy to get permison on private land around here or what and also just looking for more people to hunt with and is there a certain side of the town the ducks and geese like to stay on.
Thanks for any info not looking for spots just general pointers like usually the birds stay in a certain direction of the town or such
sjndknichols
hunter

Re: warrensburg

Postby swampchicken » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:32 pm

The birds tend to hang to the west of town. That is all im willing to hand to you. And no permisson on private land is hard unless you have lived in the area for numerous years and know the farmers.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby sjndknichols » Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:58 am

thanks for the info
sjndknichols
hunter

Postby smeoswald » Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:44 am

Go to Truman Lake. It's 30 minute drive. You need to get on google maps and look up 13 highway south of Clinton, MO. And find T highway. That will take you down into the bottoms you can wade in or boat in. It's all public. I grew up on the river down there. You will have to scout because the lake fluctuate so much. Beware don't be an a** hole or the guys will remember you and push you out. That's all I am going to give you. I think that is a lot.
smeoswald
Newb

Postby missouriducks » Thu Aug 15, 2013 5:18 pm

smeoswald wrote:Go to Truman Lake. It's 30 minute drive. You need to get on google maps and look up 13 highway south of Clinton, MO. And find T highway. That will take you down into the bottoms you can wade in or boat in. It's all public. I grew up on the river down there. You will have to scout because the lake fluctuate so much. Beware don't be an a** hole or the guys will remember you and push you out. That's all I am going to give you. I think that is a lot.

Hey appreciate man just one more person to compete with down there !!! Why don't you let him know how to get where you hunt?! You may think its very vague info but lets say your favorite hunting spot i gave the info to get to yours. I'm all for helping newcomers but how about try Truman lake in the Clinton area. Btw I would to see you wade in now with how high the lake is.
missouriducks
hunter

Postby sjndknichols » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:59 am

I already knew about that spot anyways yet i can never say that i have hunted truman that much
sjndknichols
hunter

Postby apg36820 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:06 pm

just graduated from UCM last year. there are plenty of areas depending on how much your willing to travel. the smaller lakes around town have some good options for hunts before an afternoon class. if you have the day off school i would highly recommend traveling north towards the Missouri river. Oz is right Truman is a very viable option as well. you will need to spend sometime out there and get to know the area because from day to day things can change dramatically. there is also the options of Schell Osage, Montrose, and four rivers which aren't far away. when me and my roommates would go try to draw in if we didn't get in we would just go to Truman so the day wouldn't be wasted.
apg36820
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting