Black face paint

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Black face paint

Postby i_willie12 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:08 pm

fowlhabit4 wrote:But I love when the public land show boaters come in painted up and pull a 147 pill!! makes my day, even if im 148! You know the guys im talking about!!

Its all about confindence and looking good while your doing it!!!! :lol3: :lol3: :hammer:
Guys (kids actually but im 30 and is hard to call someone kids..) had the black paint on THICK on morning.. Buddy came back from the draw box with like 200 and one of them goes "Dangit we wasted this face paint!!" :lol3: :clapping: My group busted up laughing, couldnt help it!! They looked at us and we go theres a wal-mart in marshall you can stop and buy more makeup!!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Jul 09, 2013 4:36 pm

Thedozer wrote:Cliner we will be wearing it in the shed opening morning whether you like it or not. No questions asked.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: We should show up to Bob Brown on opening morning in hotdog suits with "yakety sax" playing out of a boombox. It would more accurately portray the morning draw :lol3:
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Jul 09, 2013 5:56 pm

this is a very amusing thread.

gotta love the off season

:beer:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 8:22 pm

I curious to see the draw areas now that duck dynasty has been on this long. I love them guys, love the dvds, and enjoyed the show, but I feel like its time they get back to the regular stuff. You guys think there will be a more diverse crowd at areas because of the show??
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby wcbm8d » Tue Jul 09, 2013 9:15 pm

Cliner wrote:
Thedozer wrote:Cliner we will be wearing it in the shed opening morning whether you like it or not. No questions asked.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: We should show up to Bob Brown on opening morning in hotdog suits with "yakety sax" playing out of a boombox. It would more accurately portray the morning draw :lol3:

:lol: :yes:

I have been wearing a bright pink hello kitty t-shirt to " the shed " at bob brown . I feel like it relieves some of the tension in the room :biggrin:
wcbm8d
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Jul 10, 2013 8:28 am

fowlhabit4 wrote:I curious to see the draw areas now that duck dynasty has been on this long. I love them guys, love the dvds, and enjoyed the show, but I feel like its time they get back to the regular stuff. You guys think there will be a more diverse crowd at areas because of the show??

Im just ready for when this fad dies out and all these band wagon jumpers decide this isnt for them and start to sale all their stuff off on craigslist!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Cliner » Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:48 am

i_willie12 wrote:
fowlhabit4 wrote:I curious to see the draw areas now that duck dynasty has been on this long. I love them guys, love the dvds, and enjoyed the show, but I feel like its time they get back to the regular stuff. You guys think there will be a more diverse crowd at areas because of the show??

Im just ready for when this fad dies out and all these band wagon jumpers decide this isnt for them and start to sale all their stuff off on craigslist!

The duck dynasty guys are already there. I saw some guys at Grand Pass one time that didn't have decoys, a boat, or anything. They said they "just came to pass shoot".

I was just talking about the bandwagon guys last season. Wait till we have a bad hatch and go back to a 30 day, 3 duck limit. That'll make em all quit. I have a feeling it'll die off, but duck hunting seems to be "the cool thing" to do now. :fingerhead:
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby missouriducks » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:30 pm

There's a couple older gentleman that are always down at Schell with lanyards with no calls and full of bands. Total tools! They think there king ding a ling!
missouriducks
hunter

Postby missouriducks » Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:37 pm

The thing that pisses me off is these bandwagon hunters seem to always get drawn. Hell last year I didn't draw till my 5th at 4 rivers. We go out buy nice crap and guys get drawn who have never been there before and have a bag of turd decoys. I don't plan on using any duck park except during the week this year. I hope it gets colder faster this year, that will keep them in bed!
missouriducks
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:24 pm

missouriducks wrote:The thing that pisses me off is these bandwagon hunters seem to always get drawn. Hell last year I didn't draw till my 5th at 4 rivers. We go out buy nice crap and guys get drawn who have never been there before and have a bag of turd decoys. I don't plan on using any duck park except during the week this year. I hope it gets colder faster this year, that will keep them in bed!

You must have really bad luck if it took you 5 times to draw into 4 rivers :lol3: . Are you targeting a Top 5 pill or do you hunt any pill you draw?
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:06 pm

I have some blaze orange coveralls I am going to where to the draw!! :lol3:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Sun Jul 14, 2013 4:06 pm

missouriducks wrote:There's a couple older gentleman that are always down at Schell with lanyards with no calls and full of bands. Total tools! They think there king ding a ling!

i think have seen these guys before. why even wear that stuff into the hq? are these older guys? and by older i mean maybe 40-50s?

no offense to any 40-50 years out there... :lol3:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby teal12 » Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:27 am

Drew a 7 at 4 rivers my first time going last year then the second time I drew a 24 when I took my buddy. Still don't understand the need to be super dresses up when at hq it's not a beauty contest. I do wear burnt cork when I'm in the blind though.
teal12
hunter

Postby missouriducks » Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:29 pm

Yes very bad luck, an no im not targeting a top 5 pill. Really im just kind of worn out with the whole sky-blasting, party's setting up 100 yds away, and some terrible callers! Yea those guys were in there 50's.
missouriducks
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting