Lebanon

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Lebanon

Postby almostpro16 » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:56 pm

Is there anybody around Lebanon that can help me learn to call?
There's only two kinds of people in the world. Those who love to hunt ducks and those that have never hunted ducks.
almostpro16
hunter

Re: Lebanon

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:08 pm

Youtube!! :thumbsup:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby almostpro16 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:00 pm

I have watched every video there is on youtube and I just need a little one on one instruction.
There's only two kinds of people in the world. Those who love to hunt ducks and those that have never hunted ducks.
almostpro16
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:07 pm

almostpro16 wrote:I have watched every video there is on youtube and I just need a little one on one instruction.

Just listen to what they say about mechanics and keep at it!! Keep the tip of your tongue anchored to the back of your front teeth at all times cutting off the air with the back of your tongue coming up and closing off your palate. Take it slow and you will get it.
BigAL64
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:08 pm

butch from RNT has good videos on DU website or check out the ducklander feed on youtube bobby has some good material. watch some of the better hunt videos and listen to actual calling from real hunts instead of living room or competition crap. buy extra corks and reeds and blow the crap out of your call carry it in the truck and blow at home when the wifes not there so you dont piss of the misses. I have been hunting/calling for 25 years and the same time of year I start shooting my bow a little every day and hit the duck/goose calls a little every day. Learn when not to call probably the best calling lesson to learn.
Normmcclean
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting