Southeast Missouri Report?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Southeast Missouri Report?

Postby Robert Baggett » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:35 am

A friend of mine and I are going to Southeast Missouri next week. I have heard that is has been extremely slow. Does anyone have any reports for the area?
Thanks In Advance
Robert Baggett
Newb

Postby 98ramtough » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:38 am

I moved this so you would get more responses from locals.

Mike
Quack
98ramtough
hunter

Postby Robert Baggett » Wed Dec 08, 2004 10:40 am

Thanks, sorry about that!
Robert Baggett
Newb

Postby Robert Baggett » Thu Dec 09, 2004 11:27 am

ANYONE? Anyone with a computer hunting in Missouri? :smile:
Robert Baggett
Newb

Whats up with the ducks?

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Fri Dec 10, 2004 4:30 pm

not much going on in missouri anywhere except the CA'S. I hunt the Mo river bottoms east of kc area. we had a bunch of early migrators, when they left it was over. Some friends hunt squak creek / mound city area and others in the big creek area / clinton they have had some good days but much slower than normal (past years).

A friend from southren Minasota say's they are loaded with ducks and have been ever since thier season closed, so hopefully they will come and come hard if it ever gets cold & snowy up north.

But all the CA'S have big #'s of ducks so that sort of blows my theroy. Do you think the migration patterns have changed? are they refuge hopping and skipping the triditional areas?

sorry I never really anserwed you question about se mo but I wanted to prove we do have computers here.

Frank
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

ducks

Postby recker » Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:05 am

not sure actually where you buddy in minn saw all the ducks but still not many ducks here compared to normal at all.I did see some nice flocks of mallards going out to feed last weekend when goose hunting but nothing like we normally would at all.With everything done in canada and north dakota whatever we have you will get but it is not a whole lot to be honest with you.Given the conditions and no snow we should be covered with ducks but I just dont think they existed this year.
recker
hunter

Postby Robert Baggett » Thu Dec 16, 2004 8:10 am

Thanks for the replys. Just got back yesterday. Never saw so many snow geese in my life! Saw lots of ducks on the refuge but the place we were hunting froze up and we could not hunt. Six hour drive for nothing. Oh well maybe next time.
Robert Baggett
Newb

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting