hey yall

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

hey yall

Postby pappy » Thu Oct 12, 2006 9:51 pm

i take a little duck hunting trip every year. have been to misssissippi, north dakota, and kansas, also hunt local in north carolina and south carolina.

i was kinda looking at the southeast region of missouri for this year. i am not looking for anyone to give up their honey holes but would like to know if all of the public areas have walk in access or would i need a boat? also i would like to know what the chances are for being drawn for a blind if i hunt alone and during the week? looking at the o.s. area.

also would like to know if anyone in the area does day leases on blinds on private land. if any of you would be interested in joing me you can p.m. me. we maybe could work out a swap for a spring turkey hunt in south carolina on 1000 acres private land with plenty of birds.

pappy
pappy
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Fri Oct 13, 2006 11:58 am

pappy check around the squaw creek aera or down around nevada.....
duckhunter052002
hunter

Postby MoHunter » Fri Oct 13, 2006 2:58 pm

Duck creek boats for you to use and a wade-in area. I had some good hunts down there last year.
"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is." -Ricky Bobby
MoHunter
hunter

Postby pappy » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:01 pm

thanks for the replies....

what time of year do yall usually freeze up? i was in kansas around december 8 last year and everything was lockin up tight. it was about 5 degrees. is that common?

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby MoHunter » Sat Oct 14, 2006 10:45 pm

I went to Duck Creek when everything else was froze up. It seems to stay open longer. Last year there was a little ice but we broke through it pretty good and found some open water. It always depends on momma nature, but DC stayed open until the end last year.
"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is." -Ricky Bobby
MoHunter
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 6:49 am

hey guys not to sound dumb but where is duck creek... i froze out just before the mallards got here///// :pissed:
we used an old duckhunters trick, put a mixture of bluing and water on the ice. scattered a few decoys, got our birds but lot of work.

lee
idenify before you shoot :thumbsup:
duckhunter052002
hunter

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Mon Oct 16, 2006 2:58 am

look into Otter Slough conservation area (wade and shoot, or they have some boats for the places you need them), good hunting, but the draw system sucks if you're hunting alone. Usually you can team up with some folks at the draw to increase your chances if you don't mind huting with people you don't know. more info at www.mdc.com
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Mon Oct 16, 2006 9:12 am

thanks for the info ill check it out.......... good hunting SEASON OPENS IN12 MORE DAYSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

LEE
IDENIFY BEFORE YOU SHOOT :thumbsup:
duckhunter052002
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting