Quickdraw

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Quickdraw

Postby swampchicken » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:02 pm

Quickdraw season is soon to be upon us i sure hope i get drawn 6 times like last year. I love me some quickdraw! :beer:
swampchicken
hunter

Re: Quickdraw

Postby SMcGarrity » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:57 pm

damn, seriously?!?! i put in almost every day, and i mean every day. i didn't get drawn once last year.

better to be lucky than good sometimes!

:grooving:
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Mon Aug 05, 2013 10:59 pm

we need preference points!!
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:28 pm

2 draws in 3 years put in for every day of the season went 0 fer all last season. Preference points would be nice for guys like me without a lick of number drawing luck.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby MODAKR » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:46 pm

It is what it is at this point... For this year. I don't necessarily agree with the way it's being run either. I've put in for every day that I thought I could get away to hunt around work and family stuff for the past 3 years. Finally did get drawn end of Nov last year. And good draw too... #4 for grand pass. Had a great hunt, limits of green and killed out on spoonies. I'll try again this year I'm sure. In a way I hope they don't change it. There are so many no-shows the poor line odds are better now than they were pre-QD. Just my 2 cents.
MODAKR
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:45 pm

If you guys want to take the bait on this post go right ahead. :no:

Some people will never learn. :lol3:

For those who would like to you can check the stats at the MDC website and see exactly how many people were drawn for QDs 6 times last year. :oops:

Keep on Trollin there chicken!!! :hi: :fingerhead:
How can you be looking forward to the season when you posted earlier that there was not going to be any food for the ducks this year?
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:23 am

I PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE THAT WAS DRAWN FOR 14 QD'S LAST YEAR!!!!

:biggrin: :biggrin: :rolleyes:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:38 am

870shooter wrote:If you guys want to take the bait on this post go right ahead. :no:

Some people will never learn. :lol3:

For those who would like to you can check the stats at the MDC website and see exactly how many people were drawn for QDs 6 times last year. :oops:

Keep on Trollin there chicken!!! :hi: :fingerhead:

870 sorry about that after going back through my journal you are right i was only drawn 5 times. Guess when you hunt ducks for almost 90 days strait my memory gets a little fuzzy. And im ready to do it all over again this year im just glad i got invited on 11 other quickdraws through out the season also. Lucky friends are nice to have too.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby Samarai » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:32 pm

Looking forward to sharing my QD with you also Swampckn...that way I won't have to worry about getting peppered with T-shot.
Samarai
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:41 pm

i_willie12 wrote:I PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE THAT WAS DRAWN FOR 14 QD'S LAST YEAR!!!!
:biggrin: :biggrin: :rolleyes:

I PERSONALLY KNOW SOMEONE THAT WAS DRAWN FOR 23 QD'S LAST YEAR!!!!
(c'mon willie, you know this crowd.... The first, or second, or third liar doesn't have a chance!!)
:wink:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby fowlhabit4 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 12:00 am

I enjoy 1!! Its a bonus compared to the traditional system where you can only have 1 all season. I get drawn for shanks every year, guess thats why I dont get a qd. Im on the no draw list
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby kdog » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:12 pm

fowlhabit4 wrote:we need preference points!!

No we dont !!! We need poor line period......
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Fri Aug 09, 2013 7:21 pm

No more poorline is what we need go all to quickdraw!!!!!
swampchicken
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:08 pm

What we need is no more poorline or QD. Close all the CAs to hunting and just use them for hiking and fishing. I've already heard from a very reliable source that there is not going to be any food for the ducks at the CAs this year anyway so they might as well just close them. If a person can't afford to buy thier own land or get into a good lease then they don't deserve to hunt. They sure as heck shouldn't use my tax dollars to provide these people with a place to hunt. :rolleyes: :no:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampchicken » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:47 pm

870shooter wrote:What we need is no more poorline or QD. Close all the CAs to hunting and just use them for hiking and fishing. I've already heard from a very reliable source that there is not going to be any food for the ducks at the CAs this year anyway so they might as well just close them. If a person can't afford to buy thier own land or get into a good lease then they don't deserve to hunt. They sure as heck shouldn't use my tax dollars to provide these people with a place to hunt. :rolleyes: :no:

That would work for me an even bigger refuge right next to my place. My pit would be even better than it is now! I Still say a 90%qd 10% poor line would be a nice compromise. :welcome:
swampchicken
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:41 pm

870shooter wrote:What we need is no more poorline or QD. Close all the CAs to hunting and just use them for hiking and fishing. I've already heard from a very reliable source that there is not going to be any food for the ducks at the CAs this year anyway so they might as well just close them. If a person can't afford to buy thier own land or get into a good lease then they don't deserve to hunt. They sure as heck shouldn't use my tax dollars to provide these people with a place to hunt. :rolleyes: :no:

Whhhhaaatt?? I know some very good people that love waterfowl season and have to depend on a majority of the hunting they do be on public ground. I know alot of the bad eggs ruin it for other people but I have teamed up, hunted with, and met alot of good people at ca's and I know they would love to have the funds to buy property and plant food and run pumps all season but its not cheap. I dont mind paying taxes to have places in the state to hunt. It could be alot worse, and not everyone can pay 1,000s of bucks to have a private place to hunt. I wish you didnt have to pay for my hunts at ted shanks, and I appreciate your contribution. I wonder how much of my paycheck goes to the MDC areas...??
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:43 am

I sure hope that was pure sarcasm from 870 shooter if it wasn't then you need a swift kick. Private waterfowl ground is luxury that few can afford. We can't all have mommy's and dadys that just give us property. Some very good honest and considerate hunters have to spend their lives hunting hard on public dirt. Sure there are bad apples at CA's but that's just another adversity to overcome and makes those hard fought successful hunts that much sweeter. I will take a limit shot on the river over a private heated pit blind where you don't even get dirty any day.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:11 am

:lol3: We don't have the "dripping with sarcasm" smiley here or I would have definetly used it for the above post. I hunt the CAs as much as anyone, more than a lot of people. :lol3:

Anyone who would like to comment on the QD issue should spend about 3 1/2 days going through the 1000s of posts already put up on the subject. If you can thnk of ANYTHING that has not already been said, pro or con, then for sure put it out there. If not, for most of us it is a old, wore out subject with nothing new to be said about it. It is used more to encite bickering and just blantant trolling (like this original post) than a topic of discussion.

With that being said I am going to ask that QD comments be kept to a minimum. If you are new and curious you can search the topic and get days worth of reading. If you have been around here for a while you too have read and heard it all and are probably as tired of it as most of us. If you just enjoy stirring crap and rehashing the same comments over and over and over then more power to ya, nobody is going to stop you and we Mods are more or less obligated to read through it just to make sure the discussion stays somewhat civil.

So you trolls keep trolling, you people who like to argue just for the sake of hearing yourself do it keep right on going. To the rest of us, lets try and limit this topic and find new ones to discuss or even fresh topics to disagree about. There is little left to say about the QD and the re-runs are getting awful boring. Besides my sacastic post about closing the CAs and the others about multiple draws there is not a single post in this thread that is not already up somewhere word for word.

Thanks to those who will cooperate. John
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby Normmcclean » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:20 am

Thanks for the clarification some of us are a little slow on the internet sarcasm. And to all my brothers that I have shared the cramped confines of several conservation garages may we all draw low numbers and pick your spots quickly so that those behind us have as much time as possible to put together a decent hunt in the less desirable spots. I mean for God's sake the numbers are right on the board figure it out. Let's go get em
Normmcclean
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting