HOW WAS EVERYONES OPENINING WEEKEND

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

HOW WAS EVERYONES OPENINING WEEKEND

Postby duckhunter052002 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 2:39 pm

WELL GAND WHO GOT ALL THE DUCKS THIS WEEKEND?

LEE

IDENIFY BEFORE YOU SHOOT :thumbsup:
duckhunter052002
hunter

Postby cam » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:07 pm

were in the mid zone so we took 2 youths today was worth it they both shot limits but we need rain bad
cam
hunter

Postby MoHunter » Sun Oct 29, 2006 5:48 pm

North zone was better than I expected. We didn't limit, but killed enough for everybody to take home a good meal.
:salude:
"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is." -Ricky Bobby
MoHunter
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:26 pm

FLIPEN HORIBLE..I HOOKED UP MY OLD NITENDO TO SHOOT SOME DUCK BUT THT DAMN DOG KEPT LAUGHING AT ME WHEN U MISS THEM
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Sun Oct 29, 2006 6:49 pm

My buddy and I did pretty good! We shot a pretty nice mixed bag. Saturday, we shot a bluebill, a drake woody, G.W. Teal, and a mallard. We even had a specklebelly goose land in our spread of just ducks! He stayed there for awhile also, I've never seen one do that before.

Then Sunday my buddy has a reservation for nadaway so we went up there and drew pill 4!!! we got in middle marsh and we both limited out by 9. I shot 2 drake G.W. Teal, 1 drake mallard, 1 Shovler, and 2 gadwall. My buddy shot 4 drake mallards, one was really nice sized, a G.W. Teal, and a Pintail.

I would have to say that this was one of the best opening weekends for me, I usually goto my place and twiddle my thumbs because there arent any ducks but this year it looked like it was already the 3rd or 4th week of season, and Nodaway was stacked with birds already. If it keeps this up I cant wait till mid season!
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Sun Oct 29, 2006 8:51 pm

:thumbsup: from the sounds of things sounds like everyone has had a good opening weekend.our saturday on lake contrary was ok teal gads and ruddies. today was slow mostly ruddies and buffelhead but it was worth it .

lee

idenify before you shoot :thumbsup:
duckhunter052002
hunter

opener

Postby MOBOTTOMBOY » Mon Oct 30, 2006 6:17 am

There were a few ducks down in the bottoms over the weekend and there are a few less now, on the one to ten scale I'd say it was a high 6 or low 7.

The birds we had were odd they acted like they wanted in but just wouldn't commit, and it took a lot (and I mean a lot) of calling to keep them interested. I'm generally a call less kind of guy but the second we would shut up the ducks would just drift off and out.

Do any members of this board hunt the new Old Mudd lake or Sunshine lake area?
MOBOTTOMBOY
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:50 am

:withstupid:

Ya, it was bad, those birds just didnt want to come in. We had to call and call and call just to keep them intrested like you said. Usually for us early season we either dont call at all and they drop right in or we just give them a short little quack and they drop on in.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Bad Day

Postby cride1 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 10:07 am

Well we had one of those bad days!
We decided to try Ted Shanke's on opening morning with out a reservation (bad idea). We drew number 90 and decided to hit the river instead. When we got to the rivers boat ramp, we notice we had lost our bearing buddy on our trailer and the wheel bearings were gone. Never got anything even close to shoot at while listening to the lucky ones over on Shanke's pound them. Left around 10 and drove 35 - 45 mph back to Hannibal stoping several times to pour water on the trailer's shaft. We got to Hannibal and tore the wheel off to survey the damage. Ended up having to put a new hub on as well. Got that all wrapped up and realized we had locked the keys in the truck. All of this on about 3 hours sleep. And to think we were going to do all over again the next morning. Alteast we were able to scrap two Blue Bills and one Mallard out of the sky on Sunday morning.
cride1
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:06 pm

I was able to knock down 7 this weekend. 4 on opening day( 2 green wings, shoveler, and a red head) and 2 mallards and a wood duck on Sun.
I'll try to post some pics if I can figure out how to resize them right.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 12:11 pm

cride 1 sounds like one of those weekends were if it could it did, i have had a few of those my self.... last year opening day..... got to the blind after a thirty min walkiin the dark,,,, dicovered mt hunting partner had grabbed a box of 20 ga shells........ we both shoot 12ga......he had grabbed the wrong bag from the truck...... so my morning was spent watching ducks come in and go out while i waited for him to return.

lee

duckhunter052002
hunter

Postby bgoldhunter » Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:26 pm

Didn't go duck hunting, instead took out a buddy's boy to go deer hunting. He got a nice 3.5yr old 8pt on Sat, and his twin brother got a really nice 4.5-5.5yr old non-typical 11pt (@ 324 yards!) yesterday. It was a load of fun!

I'll go this weekend, then deer hunt the following, then back to the ducks hopefully...
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:30 pm

Here is a pic from Sun.

And here are some pics of me, my dad, my niece, and a friend after an ecellent teal hunt earlier this year.

goosetalk
hunter

Postby duckhunter052002 » Mon Oct 30, 2006 9:37 pm

:salude: great pics goose looks like your weekend was great.

lee

duckhunter052002
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting