GREAT MORNING

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

GREAT MORNING

Postby goosetalk » Tue Oct 31, 2006 4:23 pm

I have heard of many hunters limiting out this morning. Must be some new ducks down with this cold front. 2 guys in my blind killed 6 mallards, 2 greenwings, 2 widgeons, and 2 pintails. Another group of 4 killed their mallards and finished their limits with gadwalls, widgeon, and teal. What a bad day to be in class.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby MoHunter » Tue Oct 31, 2006 9:19 pm

I hear ya brother. I made it out last weekend for the opener and smoked it. But I don't think I am going to make it out much more this season because law school has me buried. I miss the undergrad days when I would go out before class every morning. School really cuts into the passion. Oh well, they keep telling me it'll pay off some day.
"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is." -Ricky Bobby
MoHunter
hunter

Postby pappy » Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:04 am

sounds like somebody did good :thumbsup: our season won't come in until the 22nd here in SC......i live in the "dead sea" of duck huntin. i would trade a couple hundred carolina babes with oversized hooters and most of their teeth for a quality duck hunt.

good huntin :thumbsup:

pap
pappy
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:40 am

Went to Shanks Tuesday morning. Out of 41 pills I drew 38 :hammering: :hammering: Got a bad hole with little water, still managed two teal, one gadwall, and two mallards. Lots and lots of new flight birds I think. That NW wind was getting with it. I thought it was supoose to be cloudy yesterday and sunny today? Freaking weathermen.
Cut'm
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:07 pm

What hole did you hunt Cut'm???
goosetalk
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 12:51 pm

Hunted the eastern edge of Nose Slough. We were the last party allowed in and we figured out why. Walked south down the levee by the crapper on the boat ramp at 3 mile ditch. There's a patch of corn with about 6 inches of water there. It could be a great hole I think but it needs more water. The open water had about 3 inches of moss that we had to bust our *** and scrape away with the sled to get any decoy movement. We hunted the first hour pass shooting and then tried to open the hole up. After we got some decoy movement we had a few mallards work us.
Cut'm
hunter

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:58 pm

Went to G.P. again this morning. Hunted Pool 6, as far from the parking lot as one can get, walking, tough treking, but we got 4 limits. That's me on the right in these photos, which you can see here, www.xanga.com/NavyOC
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting