Hunting near Columbia?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, 870shooter, KCDuckMaster, SPatrick

Hunting near Columbia?

Postby honker_88 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 1:58 pm

Does anyone know if there is any good hunting around the Columbia area? I'll be going to Mizzou next year. Is there any public ground at all?
~Shoot to Thrill~
honker_88
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:49 pm

Eagle Bluffs is literally minutes away.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:56 pm

I found some of the best hunting at Harpo's, Deja Vu, The Blue Note, and Field House......Oh, you were talking about ducks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Goosetalk said it....EB is minutes away. If you don't get drawn in you can go back home and be back in bed just in time to skip your first class!! :umm:
Cut'm
hunter

Postby Webfoot12 » Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:16 pm

Cut'm wrote:I found some of the best hunting at Harpo's, Deja Vu, The Blue Note, and Field House......Oh, you were talking about ducks. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I'll second that.....

Eagle Bluffs is crazy on the weekends. But luke Cut'm said, during the weekday is better. I had some pretty good hunts there. Spent my first anniversary there in fact, without the wife... :mrgreen: Sack of decoys and and a gun is all you need, besides some waders.

Other than that it is pretty thin. The missouri river, Mark Twain lake to your north. I would try to get permission on some private land during the early fall.
Rest in peace my friend... Mocha- Jan 20th, 2001-Feb 1st, 2009.
Webfoot12
hunter

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:46 pm

:withstupid: EB can be good, in the past if you didn't draw top 5 positions, then going back to bed was the best choice. If you gotta boat the river can be good, especially on flight days and once everything freezes. There are a few public spots worth a couple good hunts, but I can't tell you those until Jan. Then I'll be in FL so I pass along all my secret spots. Grand Pass is an hour away to the west, it's worth skipping and the drive to hunt there when it's good. (right now it's good)
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Schedule classes accordingly

Postby mlangenh » Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:23 pm

Yeah yeah ... like everyone else said Eagle Bluffs is def. gonna be your best option. Just make sure you have one day when you have some late starting classes so you can go down there during the week, Cuz weekends are crazy there. :yes:
- There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

-The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck.
mlangenh
hunter

Postby honker_88 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:58 am

I'll have to look into that some more. Thanks alot for giving me some ideas.
~Shoot to Thrill~
honker_88
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting