Need help!

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Need help!

Postby mlangenh » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:37 pm

My hunting buddy is stuck doing Hell Week with his frat. on Sat., and I always like to have someone with me in case things go wrong (example: opening day in North zone I got stuck in a mud flat) So my girlfriend decided she wants to see what all the hooplah is about duck hunting. My problem is I don't know what the spectator rules are. I know she can't touch a gun, or carry ducks, but she wouldn't need tags to just watch, right? In the waterfowl digest it says you need a permit if you are going to "pursue, take, possess, and transport ducks, coots, and geese in MO." So ... can she go without a tag? and what are her limitations?
- There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

-The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck.
mlangenh
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:53 pm

I dont know how far they take the pursue part. All I know is that you have to have a permit to drive the boat. It would be a good idea to call the conservation office in Columbia.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Thu Nov 02, 2006 3:44 pm

You're fine as long as you don't have more than one limit or more than one shotgun with you.
Cut'm
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Nov 02, 2006 5:49 pm

If you are talking about private ground, I know it's not a problem. If you are talking about one of the draw in CA's, you would be better off calling and checking it out with them.
gsphunter
hunter

Thanks

Postby mlangenh » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:18 pm

Thanks for your help guys. I think we should be fine, but I guess I'll call an agent just to be safe. Don't want to ruin this whole year over one day. :thumbsup:
- There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.

-The perils of duck hunting are great- especially for the duck.
mlangenh
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting