trying to remember a outdoor catalog company.

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

trying to remember a outdoor catalog company.

Postby birddog crazy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:38 pm

Hi everyone, here's a question to anyone who can help me figure this out. I was trying to remember a hunting supply company which sold deer, turkey, and waterfowl gear from a paper catalog which came in the mail, and I think was a light yellow and was like a newspaper style catalog. I remember buying lots of stuff from them in the 80's and 90's just forgot the name. Thanks for any help.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Re: trying to remember a outdoor catalog company.

Postby birddog crazy » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:56 pm

I finally found the name. it is wing supply company.
birddogs rule and all the rest drool, for birddogs love you for you and do not ask for anything in return but love so hug your birddog
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby talltimber » Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:53 am

I've ordered from them before, no problems.
talltimber
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:24 am

I use to, forgot all about them til last night and then I remembered I use to order from them in the past . I checked prices of their stuff versus macks prairie and some other places last night and WING SUPPLY beat them still by a lot on some items. same waders $30 to $50 cheaper.
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sprigs68 » Thu Aug 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Does anyone remember The Folks on Buck Hill catalog? I received my first one in the early 80's after mailing in a request found in the back of my old Field and Stream. First couple of issues were black and white newspaper print bound in a 1" book. They had a ton of gear and I spent hours wearing the pages out.

Sprigs
Sprigs68
hunter

Postby birddog crazy » Thu Aug 22, 2013 9:05 pm

I think they went out of business like in 1985 or so
birddog crazy
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Sprigs68 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 7:42 am

Brings back memories. I remember purchasing a CVA kit Muzzleloader, and a scope for my squirrel rifle. Had to buck a lot of bales and pick many bushels of peaches to pay for them, but worth every penny.

Sprigs68
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Aug 24, 2013 1:17 pm

Yea, wing supply was probably one of the first mail order companies I used for waterfowling equipment. Have always had really good luck with them. Something how times have changed, it's kinda nice to set here in my easy chair and shop several outlets at once, being able to order with a push of a button.
2Longgone
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting