duck creek?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

duck creek?

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Aug 24, 2013 10:26 pm

just curious, will be there enough water in duck creek to hunt teal? they said their main pumps are screwed up or something on their blog... :huh: ... so can they move any water at all?
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Re: duck creek?

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:29 am

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:just curious, will be there enough water in duck creek to hunt teal? they said their main pumps are screwed up or something on their blog... :huh: ... so can they move any water at all?

who knows. I haven't checked out their blog this year, guess I'll have to check it out. Every year there is something at duck creek preventing the tax paying waterfowlers of this state full opportunity to hunt this place. :no:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:36 am

They have water at DC. Pool 1 is full. Units A & B have water in them from all the rain we have had. The woods units (pool 2 and 3) are not flooded yet but would not be used by teal that much if they were flooded. Dark Cypress is also expected to have more water than usual when the season opens. The problems with the pumps was last year, I have not heard anything about any problems this year and by the regular duck season there should be plenty of spots to hunt. Thier blog does say they have a lot of smartweed and what appears to be an excellent amount of moist soil vegetation and said there will be no shortage of food for the ducks at DC despite earlier reports from a highly knowledgeable source we all heard.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Aug 25, 2013 8:42 am

870shooter wrote:They have water at DC. Pool 1 is full. Units A & B have water in them from all the rain we have had. The woods units (pool 2 and 3) are not flooded yet but would not be used by teal that much if they were flooded. Dark Cypress is also expected to have more water than usual when the season opens. The problems with the pumps was last year, I have not heard anything about any problems this year and by the regular duck season there should be plenty of spots to hunt. Thier blog does say they have a lot of smartweed and what appears to be an excellent amount of moist soil vegetation and said there will be no shortage of food for the ducks at DC despite earlier reports from a highly knowledgeable source we all heard.

Good, was thinking they should have plenty of water this year, and hopefully with their new systems in place, they will be able to move it where it needs to be come duck season. It will be nice to be able to utilize all of the available areas. I will retract my statement if this holds to be true when the opener arrives.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sun Aug 25, 2013 6:30 pm

o thanks, also does anyone know, can you hunt in pool 1?
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:04 pm

It says somewhere in the Duck Creek blog that the north end of Pool 1 will be open for Teal season. I would call them and ask for specifics.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Mon Aug 26, 2013 2:58 pm

:thumbsup: thanks 870, I will deff. give them a call.
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting