Ducks vs. Deer

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Ducks vs. Deer

Postby goosetalk » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:07 pm

So is anyone else having a problem choosing between duck or deer hunting tom. Seem like it should be a very good duck day after the cold front blows though. By the way, are the party numbers at the CA's significantly reduced during the opening of deer season.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Nov 10, 2006 12:34 pm

I'm having a really hard time with this front coming through. I know my dad would be disappointed though if I didn't make it up to deer camp for opening weekend. My hope is to pop one Sat. morning and be back on the water Sun. morning.
Brian
"Because a duck is just a 3 pound critter"
Keith Allen
gsphunter
hunter

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Fri Nov 10, 2006 5:18 pm

Last year I duck hunted Eagle Bluffs on opening deer day. There were maybe 30 parties instead of 40. I didn't get in, so this year you can have my spot in line, I'll be chasing deer.

I tried EB this moring and didn't even make it, so went bow hunting. Found a nice 15 pointer that another guy hunting the same land had shot Wed afternoon and couldn't find. Meat was ruined but it had an awesome rack.
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting