Good Luck to DHC brothers tomorrow

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Good Luck to DHC brothers tomorrow

Postby Normmcclean » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:21 pm

I will be hitting the public dirt tomorrow for a little dove shoot in the morning. Looks like a lot of birds have moved in and I hope to throw a few shells and hopefully drop enough for a good dove cook. Good luck and stay safe. Let's hope we can find a spot without getting peppered all day.
Normmcclean
hunter

Re: Good Luck to DHC brothers tomorrow

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:55 pm

Absolutely! good luck to you and o all and happy/ safe hunting! remember, there isn't enough dove, quail, deer, or banded ducks in the whole world worth a fellow hunters life (but to the contrast that guy that just sets up his spread 50 feet from you, a part of me would almost trade his for a few bands :grooving: ) but seriously, hope everybody whack's em a full 15 bird limit tomorrow! (including me!) :yes:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby oktakem » Sat Aug 31, 2013 2:52 pm

Hope everyone has an enjoyable hunt. I'm not going to make it out. I work in the heat and have no desire to hunt in it. Really got to me this week. On top of that my back issues sprang up again this morning at work. Two vertebrae twisted a little in opposite directions. Goes all the way around the front of my rib cage. Breathing is hard at times from the pain. Chiropractor Tuesday......again. Wanted to take my 6 year old out. Maybe for teal?????? Good luck everyone and be safe!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sat Aug 31, 2013 7:44 pm

I feel your pain I just had back surgery a few weeks back and have about 3/4 of a mile hike back to where I plan to hunt I might wind up stopping short and hunting another field but am set on trying for my first choice spot. Looks like there's not going to be a bunch of rain so shouldn't be too muddy.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Sun Sep 01, 2013 10:48 am

Hope you all had a better opener than I did. Fired 1 shot at a very long bird. Only about 40 birds using the field with 40 hunters in it. No birds on wires on drive home. Nuttin , I hope some of you did better than I did. My worst dove hunt.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby spwz99 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 11:40 am

Normmcclean wrote:Hope you all had a better opener than I did. Fired 1 shot at a very long bird. Only about 40 birds using the field with 40 hunters in it. No birds on wires on drive home. Nuttin , I hope some of you did better than I did. My worst dove hunt.

You had a better day than me. I got rained out of the field before 8:30. I mean, rain I can handle, but at lighting and rain so hard it feels like I'm in the shower, I'm going home.

I got to watch a guy in another party shoot two birds and I missed the one chance I had to pull the trigger because my wife called to tell me it was raining at home and I should be careful...

There's always tomorrow!
spwz99
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:33 pm

me and my uncle limited out b 8 o clock :thumbsup: , it raind a little and caused the birds to move slow, but once it stopped, they were everywhere. had a 70 yard walk from the truck, public ground, and another 50 guys in the same field, worked out great. but the guy down from me had a mojo, I did not. what I did was wrap a piece of grey shirt around my mojo woodie, and am gonna use it for the wing flash tomorrow, hopefully it works! got 11 stationary decoys to set around it.
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:34 pm

it started pouring right after we loaded up and left, wow did we time that right!!!! :grooving:
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby satguy1963 » Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:45 pm

We had a good hunt today. 3 of us got 35. I had my limit by 10:30 and then the rain hit. :hammer:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Mon Sep 02, 2013 8:18 pm

I drew the opener at CB. Mjcraig and I shot 21. Should have had limits but our shooting was a little rusty. Mine more than his!! LOL!! It rained some on us but with the heat we sat through it. It felt great!!
BigAL64
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Mon Sep 02, 2013 9:19 pm

It was a good opener with a little extra bonus.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:13 am

Darn things just keep running into my gun barrel. This one is of yesterdays bird.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Sep 05, 2013 6:37 pm

Nice! Hopefully I can find one of them on a duck this year. Been a few years.
mjcraig15
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting