Good Push Coming Through

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Good Push Coming Through

Postby MoHunter » Wed Nov 15, 2006 11:45 pm

This cold front has pushed quite a few ducks down. My honey hole is holding a few thousand right now. Gonna be nuts this weekend.

:getdown:
"Here's the deal...I'm the best there is." -Ricky Bobby
MoHunter
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:09 am

Took 3 gadwall and 3 teal at EB yesterday. Lots of birds flying.

Missed my first ever triple on a group of gadwall. Somehow I missed on the first shot and then dropped two with the next two. Guess they were to close the first shot. :yes: :yes:

I'm SHOCKED we didnt' get that 1-3 inches our fantastic metoroligists were calling for last night. :laughing:
Cut'm
hunter

Postby scarecrow » Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:55 am

I had a reservation at EB last Wed(70 deg, south wind, bb skies, educated birds). Pulled #15, got stuck with left overs. Our group of 4 still took 8 birds and worked almost 100, exciting hunting.

Fast forward one week, my buddy had reservation this morning and after last week, boy were we pumped, with this front coming through and north winds.....drew pill #15 again. Killed 2 GWT early, then never worked a single bird. They'd take a look at a distance and never look again.

I never would have thought this morning would have been worse than last week but it wasn't even close. I guess you just never know.
scarecrow
hunter

Postby Cut'm » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:30 pm

scarecrow...which hole did you hunt? we were in 4N

we killed most of our birds between 9:00 and 10:00.
Cut'm
hunter

Re: Good Push Coming Through

Postby H20fwlkillr » Thu Nov 16, 2006 12:55 pm

MoHunter wrote:This cold front has pushed quite a few ducks down. My honey hole is holding a few thousand right now. Gonna be nuts this weekend.

:getdown:

What kind of ducks are you seeing? I would kind of like to shoot something besides gads for a change. I haven't many mallards or woodies for awhile. The teal have pushed out here too.
I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts fetching ducks.
H20fwlkillr
hunter

Postby scarecrow » Thu Nov 16, 2006 1:42 pm

Last week was 3.

Today was 11 south.
Only one hole of water to hunt (that's what happens when you get a late pick and don't know the area so well) so our spread probably looked just like the spread that's been there every morning since the open.

We called to some distant birds and they wouldn't work one bit so we pulled up at 9:30 and headed to work.
scarecrow
hunter

Re: Good Push Coming Through

Postby MoHunter » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:38 pm

H20fwlkillr wrote:What kind of ducks are you seeing? I would kind of like to shoot something besides gads for a change. I haven't many mallards or woodies for awhile. The teal have pushed out here too.

yeah...i noticed from your pics you were stacking up on the gads. as of last night, my honey hole was holding about 3000 mallets, the rest were a mixed bag of mostly woodies and teal, but some pinnies. I'd say there was at least 4000 birds. Lot of GWT around. Who knows what they're goin to do with the weather changing like it is.
MoHunter
hunter

Postby Booney3721 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:47 pm

Anybody know about Smithville Lake? How good is tht place?
"mmm nothing beat's a glass of hot Dickens Cider"
Booney3721
hunter

Postby H20fwlkillr » Fri Nov 17, 2006 1:34 am

I'll probably pick up some woodies and mallards then. I'm only about 50 miles SE of KC. Woodies seem to really like to stop by my area. The bean fields next door to me just got harvested. They should have a few mallards stop by them.
I'll start treating my wife as good as my dog when she starts fetching ducks.
H20fwlkillr
hunter

Postby MoHunter » Sun Nov 19, 2006 9:30 pm

H2O,

PM your way.
MoHunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting