Teal hunting in the afternoon (Question)

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Teal hunting in the afternoon (Question)

Postby matt9966 » Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:13 am

Hey guys, I posted last year that it was my first year teal hunting and you guys gave me some pretty good advice. I would like to thank you guys again for that. This year brings a new round of teal hunting tactic questions that I would like to pick your collective brains on . . . .

Has anyone out here had success hunting teal in the afternoon? Additionally, if you are out in the afternoon would you target the same type of areas that are selected for morning teal hunting?

Almost everything I hear or read states that the best time is early morning until 9 or so. I would imagine the hour or so before dusk would be decent but I am not sure as I've never hunted it for teal. With this front that supposed to move in late next week I am thinking I might take off work an hour early and head to the sloughs. I am just curious if this will be a productive strategy or not. I'm a firm believer in the "if your not out there you wont ever see them" school of thought - so i'll be out there. Just want to try to maximize my time hunting

Thanks
matt9966
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting