Foley speed trap

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Foley speed trap

Postby kingbob04 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 5:54 pm

Just wanted to let every one know that Foley P.D. has been writing a lot of tickets to hunters heading to B.K. Leach. On hwy 79 it drops form 60 to 30 heading in to Foley. If your going over at all when you cross the sign you can get a ticket. A cop last weekend wrote me a ticket and even told me i was only speeding for about 3 car lengths inside the speed zone before i slowed down. When i got to BK i heard form three other hunters that got the same ticket. Just make sure to watch out going though foley and winfeild.
kingbob04
hunter

Re: Foley speed trap

Postby kdog » Tue Sep 10, 2013 6:06 pm

Been like that for years ... i assume you mean the 10" by 10 " sign ..... Barney fife at there best
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Sep 10, 2013 9:10 pm

Got stopped there bout 15 years ago. Gotta watch them small towns.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:01 am

That place is ridiculous, its set up to catch guys speeding. I got a ticket there about 2 years back and the guy tried to claim he could write me two tickets for speeding through two different zones. I never take 79 to leach anymore, always go 61 up and then go through elsberry.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby Deadeye » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:13 am

I have been hunting in Clarksville for many years and the Foley trap has always been there.Foley is a thriving metropolis and needs income. :lol3: Watch out for the one on the north side of Elsberry also.
I learned years ago do the speed limit on Hyw.79
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:39 am

yeah the north side of elsberry is a bad one also. Thats about the only source of income for some of those one horse towns.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby satguy » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:07 pm

Thanks for the info. I planned on heading thru there on Monday.
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:39 pm

Since we are talking about Hyw.79.The Silo park boat ramp is closed for reconstruction and Hwy.79 Is closed at Calumet crrek for new bridge over creek and that boat ramp is closed also.
Thats our tax dollar at work state and fed. and both at the same time. :hammer:
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby Duckbam » Mon Sep 16, 2013 4:48 am

I have been going through there 3-4 time a week for the last couple of months. About three weeks ago I was coming back from working on my blind around 9:00 PM and got pulled over about a mile north of Foley by a Foley cop. He pulled me over in the 45 mph zone and I asked him why I was getting pulled over. He stated my license plate bulb was out and in the state of MO it is required that the plate must be visible at 50'. I asked him if I could look at it which I did and it was out. He told me basically not to get all waded up as this was going to be a courtesy ticket (no charge). He said that you wouldn't believe how many people he pulls over at night that have outstanding warrants and driving DUI along with suspended license. Only reason he pulled me over was to check for those things as he stated that himself. It pisses me off seeing the amount of people they have pulled over every time I go through there. I got pulled over in Winfield in May for not having my inspection sticker. Cop only reminded me to get the inspection and HE warned me about the ****'s up the road in Foley. :lol3:
Duckbam
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:46 am

Yeah first thing the guy asks me is what are you up to at this time in the morning. I guess the camo and truck load of goose decoys screamed drunk driver on a friday at 3 AM in January. :fingerhead:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby goosetalk » Mon Sep 16, 2013 6:41 pm

http://fox2now.com/2013/09/16/machete-used-to-threaten-man-in-lincoln-county/

This is the kind of stuff that goes on in Foley all the time :no:

I'm not surprised that they pull as many over as they can around there. Basically the same thing in every town along 79.
goosetalk
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:47 pm

The city of Advance is famous for stopping hunters in the morning on the way to Duck Creek. If you are speeding it's almost a sure thing you will be pulled over. I know several that have been stopped for 'no turn signal' when they turned off of Hwy 25 on to Hwy C. 3:45am in a truck that is full of decoys 10 miles from a Conservation Area that is managed for waterfowl and they want to ask "where are you heading?" Not everyone actually got ticketed but none of them made it to the draw on time. :mad:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting