No Ducks, but lots of fun.

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

No Ducks, but lots of fun.

Postby duckhuntinsailor » Sat Dec 02, 2006 8:09 pm

I pretty sure this qualifies me as legally insane. I knew there was going to be some snow Fri morning, but my pops drove up from AR so we were hunting. We even stayed at a friends house just 4 miles from Eagle Bluffs headquarters. Went to bed about 1 am, after some sledding with only about 3-4 in of snow. Woke up at 3:30 with 16 in of snow. Cleaned off the snow woke everyone up and hit the road. Made it about .1 mi and 3 trucks were stuck in the road/ditch, not really sure which was which. Dug two of them out, the third was to far gone. Then the crazy old man drove up, just trying to get home. I told him three trucks had tried and not made it. He said, "I going home." Hit the hill doing at least 65, balls to the wall, did a 360, came back, tried again, wide open and made it. If he can do it so can we. I went back to house to grab everyone else and our gear. By the time we made it, around 9:00, there were about 4 parties alreay there in pools 3, 5, and 12(2). We treked out to 10, but the water was slushed up, we couldn't do anything to make a whole only a big mess. We went back to the truck and on our way out, about 1030, the guys at 5 mid had limited out (16 greenheads, 1 awesome drake canvasback). Me, Dad, and one friend decided to try it, but it was already iced up. We did open up a pretty good hole, but only 2 ducks came in and we missed em. 1000's of ducks flying from refugee somewhere to the north. A great experience that I am sure I won't soon forget. Time to break out the chainsaw for the ice. May be trying out Grand Pass some this week. GL to all.
If you can hit em, Karmin can get em. Once there down, just say back and watch her go!
duckhuntinsailor
hunter

Postby deadgoose » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:07 pm

YIP I THINK YALL ARE CRAZY
BUT WHAT WATERFOWLER ISNT
GOOD LUCK NEXT TIME
DONT HUNT A KID-TAKE A KID HUNTING

ITS OUR FUTURE

135 geese
72 mallards
13 woodys
2 snows
21 teal
deadgoose
hunter

Postby Hopmeister » Sat Dec 02, 2006 9:28 pm

You'll get'em Brother... Things like this is where memories are made.
Hold On Boys We Are About To Experince Some Major Whackage!,,,
Hopmeister
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting