Information on Fountain Grove

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Information on Fountain Grove

Postby River Rat MO » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:16 pm

Have reservations for fountain grove on the weekend of the 16th and was wondering if anyone could fill me in on info about it. do they have blinds, where are some good spots to hunt on it also i had some one tell me that the water is deep enough i would need to take my river boat up there it is an 1860 . Any info would be helpful cause i know nothing about this place thanks
"take em "
River Rat MO
hunter

Postby JDW127 » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:39 pm

They have two different areas, 1 area is water blinds and the other is wade and shoot. You'll need a boat if you go to the water blinds. Last I heard there is a good amount of ice out there right now and not a lot of killing going on. The best place to get up to date info is 660-938-4124 ext. 2. Good luck.
JDW127
hunter

Postby goosetalk » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:42 pm

I went to fountain earlier this year and had a decent hunt out of C-1. The Mac wade-n-shoots are usually the best. As far as blinds go, G-4 is probably the best, followed by C-1. The J blinds and H blinds can be very good because they are secluded on the other side of one of the refuges, and I've heard they are very good for geese. They have boats there so u can bring your own motor or just bring your boat, either way it is a long ride to the blinds. I believe some of the other wade-n-shoots are boat accessible, but I dont think the Macs are. Hopefully the ice isn't to thick, but a warm up is forcasted. Good luck.
goosetalk
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting