BK wade and shoot question

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

BK wade and shoot question

Postby matt9966 » Sun Oct 20, 2013 10:12 am

How does the wade and shoot and bk work in regards to hunting parties? Is it one party has a particular slough or are there multiple parties selecting River Slough Tract and its a free for all. The two other times I hunted there were around the HQ lakes - went there today and it looks like I unless I have a very pill its slough hunting with my reservation
matt9966
hunter

Re: BK wade and shoot question

Postby iamduckhead » Sun Oct 20, 2013 2:41 pm

leach has 3 areas
the north area has a set number of w&s units, 1 party per unit, it depends on how much water they have as to how many units the hunt.
the south area is where the hq is. it is hunted the same as the north area.
the river tract area is the original leach area. This area is now down to 4 blinds, 1 handicap blind and 1 pool that has a blind but you don't have to hunt out of it.
There is no open hunting there unless your thinking about the opening wknd circus/freak show at nearby Norton woods or prairie slough.
iamduckhead
hunter

Postby matt9966 » Mon Oct 21, 2013 7:19 am

I believe I may have not been clear in my question. However, duckhead you answered my question with the begining of your post.
"leach has 3 areas
the north area has a set number of w&s units, 1 party per unit, it depends on how much water they have as to how many units the hunt.
the south area is where the hq is. it is hunted the same as the north area.
the river tract area is the original leach area. This area is now down to 4 blinds, 1 handicap blind and 1 pool that has a blind but you don't have to hunt out of it."

Thank you so much for your help!!! Much appreciated!
matt9966
hunter

Postby MODAKR » Mon Oct 21, 2013 8:10 pm

just my 2 cents here... i've always thought it good that Leach operates as they do on the wade and shoots. if you get drawn you get an entire (some are 80+ acres!) pool all to yourself... which i've greatly appreciated after hunting some places with multiple parties per pool. its great, if you get drawn... they don't hold or kill ducks like a lot of other places tho.
MODAKR
hunter

Postby matt9966 » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:37 am

MODAKR wrote:just my 2 cents here... i've always thought it good that Leach operates as they do on the wade and shoots. if you get drawn you get an entire (some are 80+ acres!) pool all to yourself... which i've greatly appreciated after hunting some places with multiple parties per pool. its great, if you get drawn... they don't hold or kill ducks like a lot of other places tho.

Thanks for the info - this was more to the lines of the question that i was asking as I too have hunted at places with multiple parties per pool. First time was a blast as we talked with the other party before shooting time and everyone was on the same page about where each party will be hunting at, not flaring off birds, not calling at birds working each others spreads, etc. Second time horrible -- but so goes public land hunting. some guys are awesome some just stink.

Thanks again to all!
matt9966
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting