Four Rivers/ Cresap Lake?

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Four Rivers/ Cresap Lake?

Postby BPSgrizzly » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:31 pm

I have a reservation at Four Rivers on 11/2 and was doing some research on four rivers, whats up with cresap lake being private on the map?
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Re: Four Rivers/ Cresap Lake?

Postby BPSgrizzly » Mon Oct 21, 2013 5:56 pm

and two more question is it pool style like bob brown and grand pass or is it dedicated spots to each party like the east side? and whats up with the sloughs in between 6,7,8 can non draw people hunt those or are those part of the pools?
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Postby Cliner » Mon Oct 21, 2013 6:54 pm

I don't know why Cresap lake is private. I've wondered that for years. I always had a theory that the MDC uses it for their private use. Four Rivers is more like Bob Brown, they have multiple parties in each pool, some only have one though. Don't know about the sloughs, never thought about that before.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:49 am

the sloughs are part of the pools. The levy's mark the edge of most of those pools. I'm not sure how the boundary works between 6 and 8 since the slough is the only "divider". better check at draw if you ever hunt one of those 2 pools
franchifowler
hunter

Postby fireman1293 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:56 pm

I was told that when the land was given to MDC years ago that Cresap Lake was given to the guy that negotiated the deal. Its a private hunting club in the middle of Unit 4. It has a locked gate and its own levy/road to access it.
fireman1293
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting