Past years reservation success rates

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, 870shooter, KCDuckMaster, SPatrick

Past years reservation success rates

Postby PDO » Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:25 pm

Does any one have the old reservation success rates for years prior to 2012 saved (from 2010 and 2011?)? I have a couple questions I would like to get at and the MDC only lists 2012 and 2013 on their website.

i.e. the stuff listed here

http://mdc.mo.gov/hunting-trapping/bird ... ons/wate-1

Shoot me a PM if you do.

PO
PDO
hunter

Re: Past years reservation success rates

Postby knockemdeadd » Tue Oct 22, 2013 4:23 pm

I can give you my resi percentage for the last 4 years. 0-4
knockemdeadd
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:58 am

knockemdeadd wrote:I can give you my resi percentage for the last 4 years. 0-4

ditto and thats putting in 3 numbers each time
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby PDO » Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:33 pm

I am mainly interested why there were 1000 more reservations issued this year over last year, including many more issued in the north zone at places that will not have as much hunting opportunity because of drought or early spring foods (shanks).

I have a feeling the mdc wanted to give out much more than 50% reservations so when they switch over to qd at all the parks, having only 25% go to the poor line is not such a shock. Looks more like 60% of the potential hunting spots were given out for reservations this year, which is BS. Just another way the mdc is screwing the poor line.

PO
PDO
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:20 am

:huh:
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:32 am

idk, if you get drawn on QD, its nice to know you are for sure gonna get to hunt ahead of time, vs standing in the poor line and then having to drive 2 hrs. home for nothing. what if everything went to pure quickdraw? what if guy A gets drawn this weekend, well next weekend guy B that didn't get drawn the previous week gets his name in twice, like the managed deer hunt draw thing works, preference points, then everyone gets to hunt, and those who don't have a better chance of getting drawn after everytime they don't get drawn. doesn't that seem way more fair???
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:01 pm

I still hate the idea of state wide open hunting, I think it is a massive fist fight waiting to happen. But the idea of hunting when I want, not when Im told I am allowed to is starting to sound better and better. The joke that is quickdraw just got alot funnier this morning. I tried to apply and an alert flashed on screen saying I need to purchase a migratory bird permit and small game permit, which I have had since July. I suppose I should thank duck Jesus and the disciples in Jeff City for allowing me those teal hunts! :bow:
sehunter1
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting