l

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

l

Postby mopintailpopper » Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:34 pm

f
Last edited by mopintailpopper on Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mopintailpopper
hunter

Re: Spots to go duck hunting

Postby Duckbam » Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:02 am

You serious? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Duckbam
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:12 am

this ladies and gentleman is the definition of internet scouting

WOW :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:
franchifowler
hunter

Postby Cliner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:21 am

When you find that spot, go ahead and post the GPS coordinates of it. Assuming that's what you want us to do, I figure you'd do the same.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:57 am

He put it in the honey hole too :fingerpt: :hammer:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby matt9966 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:10 am

GPS Coordinates: Latitude = 36.910372, Longitude = 100.18158

this is my honey hole. I found this spot one day and NO ONE ever hunts it outside the locals. Please dont share this with the world - only to our friends here on DHC. Too many hunters may make this lake a little harder to hunt even though its got to be the largest lake in the region. nonetheless, go to the northwest corner of the lake.

good luck and happy hunting
matt9966
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:59 am

Un freakin real guy.... :no:
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby mjcraig15 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:19 am

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
mjcraig15
hunter

Re: l

Postby Cliner » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:37 pm

mopintailpopper wrote:f

Yea...good call.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:40 pm

Cliner wrote:
mopintailpopper wrote:f

Yea...good call.

Doesnt matter damage has been done!! We dont forget around here :lol3:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

i_willie12
hunter

Postby mopintailpopper » Wed Oct 23, 2013 5:52 pm

I'm not lazy at scouting I just work 7 days a week and don't have a lot of time to get out and do much. I thought people on here would not be so secretive about where to go. Not like I was asking if I could get in your boat. I guess I wasn't clear on what I was asking. I just meant north, south, east or west side of the lake. If someone asked on here where to go at grand pass I would tell them. If you have a big boat pool 6 is probably going to be the best. If you are walking in than either 5 west or pool 5. If you have a layout boat most all the other pools are good. Oh My I just gave out my honey holes at grand pass now I will never shoot any ducks there ever again. And before someone analyzes that I said I work 7 days a week and when will I have time for hunting its called vacation but I will spend it scouting and not in a suv or prius.
mopintailpopper
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I would rather you ask to come hunt with me, than what are some good spots to hunt...
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:04 am

mopintailpopper wrote: I thought people on here would not be so secretive about where to go.

You clearly dont know much about this place or ANY OTHER internet duck sight!!! No one gives out places to hunt Not deer hunters trappers fisherman... And the I work a lot excuse doesnt fly with anyone!!!! :no: :no: EVERYONE WORKS!!!!
John Stephens RNT

i_willie12
hunter

Postby franchifowler » Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:15 am

SPatrick wrote:I would rather you ask to come hunt with me, than what are some good spots to hunt...

agree. Saying your new to hunting the area and don't have anyone to hunt with would have been better. Guys on here would get you out a couple times due to your limited time to hunt. If you would have asked a general question like, "New to area and i see Smithville lake as my main hunting area, Does anyone have any general information about the place that would help i would appreciate it" which would have gotten you some area info. 90% of the info needed for duck hunting can be found online with very little work. you want private spots ya gotta go find those yourself.
franchifowler
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:22 am

really? of course no one wants to give up their honey holes, but anytime someone even mentions a vicinity or hint of asking for some info, everyone is a hard case and tries to defend there selves like a bunch of heathens, thinking the world is stealing their honey hole. I hate internet scouters and people trying to find the "honey holes" but there's nothing wrong with asking about some decent places a guy might go to get started, and see a few ducks. I was there once too, its not fair to any of the new guys in the sport that know nothing of it, or where to go. pointers and info to head them in the right direction is completely fine, this doesn't mean you have to give up your X, or even the area or even the county your X is in, just some info on how they can go out and find their own X is all they need. :thumbsup:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:29 am

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:really? of course no one wants to give up their honey holes, but anytime someone even mentions a vicinity or hint of asking for some info, everyone is a hard case and tries to defend there selves like a bunch of heathens, thinking the world is stealing their honey hole. I hate internet scouters and people trying to find the "honey holes" but there's nothing wrong with asking about some decent places a guy might go to get started, and see a few ducks. I was there once too, its not fair to any of the new guys in the sport that know nothing of it, or where to go. pointers and info to head them in the right direction is completely fine, this doesn't mean you have to give up your X, or even the area or even the county your X is in, just some info on how they can go out and find their own X is all they need. :thumbsup:

Jack see water, jack scout water, jack kill ducks on water. It's not that difficult, he had all the information he needed to get started. The difficulty has just begun
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:01 am

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:really? of course no one wants to give up their honey holes, but anytime someone even mentions a vicinity or hint of asking for some info, everyone is a hard case and tries to defend there selves like a bunch of heathens, thinking the world is stealing their honey hole. I hate internet scouters and people trying to find the "honey holes" but there's nothing wrong with asking about some decent places a guy might go to get started, and see a few ducks. I was there once too, its not fair to any of the new guys in the sport that know nothing of it, or where to go. pointers and info to head them in the right direction is completely fine, this doesn't mean you have to give up your X, or even the area or even the county your X is in, just some info on how they can go out and find their own X is all they need. :thumbsup:

How do you think those of us that have been doing this years figured it out???? We didnt jump on the internet, or youtube, or watch hunting shows.... :no: We actually got out and looked around and tried things out! Had to learn on the fly I cant even tell you how many years we went without hardly killing anything! Just trying to figure ducks and geese out but that 1 day that it was right was worth all the crap days!! Each year was a learning year where we got better and better, notes taken and remembered. People want instant satisfaction now!! No one has patients anymore, all a .com era, now now now...
All this written by a 31 year old

Sunday morning i will be sitting in the blind watching the sun come up on my 23th duck season and on that day i always think back over the years and the trails and tribulations that I (we) have gone through to get to the point that I (we) are at now.
John Stephens RNT

i_willie12
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:29 pm

i_willie12 wrote:

How do you think those of us that have been doing this years figured it out???? We didnt jump on the internet, or youtube, or watch hunting shows.... :no: We actually got out and looked around and tried things out! Had to learn on the fly I cant even tell you how many years we went without hardly killing anything! Just trying to figure ducks and geese out but that 1 day that it was right was worth all the crap days!! Each year was a learning year where we got better and better, notes taken and remembered. People want instant satisfaction now!! No one has patients anymore, all a .com era, now now now...

Sunday morning i will be sitting in the blind watching the sun come up on my 23th duck season and on that day i always think back over the years and the trails and tribulations that I (we) have gone through to get to the point that I (we) are at now.

Exactly! Never had the internet when I learned. Been hunting 21 years now. God how did we figure it out with out the almighty internet.
:beer:
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby PDO » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm

i_willie12 wrote:How do you think those of us that have been doing this years figured it out???? We didnt jump on the internet, or youtube, or watch hunting shows.... :no: We actually got out and looked around and tried things out! Had to learn on the fly I cant even tell you how many years we went without hardly killing anything! Just trying to figure ducks and geese out but that 1 day that it was right was worth all the crap days!! Each year was a learning year where we got better and better, notes taken and remembered. People want instant satisfaction now!! No one has patients anymore, all a .com era, now now now...

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: Spent a lot of time my first few years "hunting" spots that were not worth a damn 20 years ago. Lots of skunks. I would write home about 1 bird days. Teaches you a lot about life, patience, and duck hunting. Ill tell you something, those guys that started like that don't go skybusting a duck at 70 yards cause it is probably the only duck that they might see! But when you throw a newbie into the middle of 10,000 ducks and 4 boxes of shells, there is nothing stopping them from averaging 10 shots/bird, nothing keeping them patient, and no real reward for letting the ducks work!

PO
PDO
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:15 pm

i_willie12 wrote:

Amen Brother! I started the duck game at 14 and thought I was as good as they came, until all the guys I went with moved away for college and I stayed home. I learned on the first hunt of the year that I had been duck shooting for four years, not duck hunting. I learned more in one year of hunting solo by attempting (and failing) to call, adjusting decoys 20 times a day, falling in a hole, crawling out, falling in again, trying to hide, and freezing to death. Ya gotta get out there to know whats going on, internet cant tell ya that.

sehunter1
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:37 pm

so why does everyone keep qouteing my post? im not defending him, nor did I even see the original post, its simple enough for someone to get on the internet and scout it up, I have put in my time in the field, and I don't want jo blow I don't even know from adam sitting in my hunting spot the next morning, nor do I want certain CA's more crowded than what they already are, im saying support the greenhorns, but respect the hardened duck hunters. kill a man a duck(internet scouting) he will eat for a day, teach a man to hunt ducks (trying to point those scouters in a direction to get them started, without doing it for them) he will eat for a lifetime. this time and generation wants everything now now now. it would be sad to go out and limit out every day simply because that would take all of the fun out of hunting. theres things on those slow quiet days that you may never get to experience again, ducks or no ducks, like an Eagle dropping a snake into my teal spread as he flew over, only 10 feet off the water (actually happened). the hard work pays off, but don't let it overwhelm you in a panic and get you frustrated because you cnat limit out like the old guy down the road. he worked hard for those ducks and that hunting spot.
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting