Duck Dynasty

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Duck Dynasty

Postby Eureka » Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:21 pm

I am going to blame Duck Dynasty for the 75 parties at bk this morning drawing for about 8 spots. Haha this year is going to be ridiculous trying to draw into an area
Eureka
hunter

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:58 pm

It was 76 parties drawing for 14 spots. Hunted 17 spots during youth season. What did they do LOOSE water??? :fingerhead: We drew pill 15. :mad: Buddy of mine drew pill 3 and was done by 8:00.
BigAL64
hunter

Postby iamduckhead » Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:03 pm

pretty much expect that for opening day.
they were hunting 14 spots and we drew pill 15 :crying: so we joined the gauntlet across the levee at Norton woods and shot some doves.
iamduckhead
hunter

Postby Eureka » Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:22 pm

BigAL64 wrote:It was 76 parties drawing for 14 spots. Hunted 17 spots during youth season. What did they do LOOSE water??? :fingerhead: We drew pill 15. :mad: Buddy of mine drew pill 3 and was done by 8:00.

But after the reservation holders wasn't it about 8 spots?
Eureka
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 am

We pulled pill 2 yesterday, had three guys and shot 12, not a bad morning.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby BigAL64 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 1:12 pm

I think there were 4 res.
BigAL64
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:23 pm

Eureka wrote:I am going to blame Duck Dynasty for the 75 parties at bk this morning drawing for about 8 spots. Haha this year is going to be ridiculous trying to draw into an area

Maybe you could blame the old show Duck Commanders for that but I don't think Duck Dynasty is even about duck hunting. May seem them shoot at ducks in one of every ten shows. :lol3:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:36 pm

most of the time I am pretty sure they are not actually duck hunting even when they are shooting. I remember hearing some where through the grapevine that they refuse to film the show during duck season.

Al I think they were hunting 6 reservations last saturday, not positive on that though.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby kingbob04 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:14 pm

There was 6 res and one handicap spot so they only had 7 pool line spots. thats why they opened up d4 to hunt, so there was at least half as many pool line spots as res. Now they are only hunting 13 spots total.
kingbob04
hunter

Postby semohunter » Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:31 am

Eureka wrote:I am going to blame Duck Dynasty for the 75 parties at bk this morning drawing for about 8 spots. Haha this year is going to be ridiculous trying to draw into an area

have you never hunted opening day anywhere? opening day is always packed from my experiences...grandpass, otter slough, bk, ten mile pond, ted shanks, it doesnt matter they are always seemingly packed.
semohunter
hunter

Postby PDO » Wed Oct 30, 2013 12:40 pm

semohunter wrote:

have you never hunted opening day anywhere? opening day is always packed from my experiences...grandpass, otter slough, bk, ten mile pond, ted shanks, it doesnt matter they are always seemingly packed.

BK normally turns away 30-40 parties on opening weekend and other busy weekends, not 60 some. With Shanks normally taking 30+ groups and only having 14 available/no habitat because of the flood, a lot more hunters have been going to BK instead.

PO
PDO
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:00 pm

I am pretty sure they had over 35 parties on tuesday...Thats insanity.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby SPatrick » Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:25 am

Almost 50 parties at BK yesterday, it continues...
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby PDO » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:13 am

Hopefully more folks will have to work tomorrow with the rain stopping. :biggrin: They have had ~35 parties every day this week.

PO
PDO
hunter

Postby semohunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:56 am

PDO wrote:
semohunter wrote:

BK normally turns away 30-40 parties on opening weekend and other busy weekends, not 60 some. With Shanks normally taking 30+ groups and only having 14 available/no habitat because of the flood, a lot more hunters have been going to BK instead.

PO

ok well then i retract my statement, i would blame duck dynasty too... we hunt slough a lot every year and get pretty familiar with the regulars down there....gotta say i saw a lot of unfamilliar faces this weekend down there...im on the Duck Dynasty is to blame wagon too.. so i retract my statement....35 parties everyday of the week seems like a lot
semohunter
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:15 am

Fellow Avery staffer posted a pic from MTC this weekend, I would guess there was around 30 parties....for 3 spots!!!!! Seriously what the sh!t is going on....Luckily my private ground opened this weekend but I still just think its unreal. I am going back to IL to hunt Carlyle with my buddies I grew up hunting with this weekend, I cant even imagine what it will be like...I will be sure to post pictures.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Postby semohunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:30 am

SPatrick wrote:Fellow Avery staffer posted a pic from MTC this weekend, I would guess there was around 30 parties....for 3 spots!!!!! Seriously what the sh!t is going on....Luckily my private ground opened this weekend but I still just think its unreal. I am going back to IL to hunt Carlyle with my buddies I grew up hunting with this weekend, I cant even imagine what it will be like...I will be sure to post pictures.

had a buddy try and hunt mtc as well but he said there were 21 parties for 3 spots, 6 were hunted total, but 3 were reservations. didnt know that little spot would ever draw that many people.
semohunter
hunter

Postby PDO » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:37 am

If it is a bunch of newbies, they will get disheartened quickly. Hunting is getting tougher REAL fast. Ducks are smart, or they will be soon. Ice is on the way. The spoonie/teal beat downs will simmer down and people will have to work for green. It is plainly evident that there are fair-weather hunters out and about. We have killed limits or near limits out of spots that posted 0's 1's and 2's all week. Just takes the extra effort, willingness to move, and the know-how.

PO
PDO
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 3:24 pm

You're silly for thinking that you may "recognize" familiar faces at OS on opening day. That place is ALWAYS insanity opening weekend. Nearly every weekend for that matter.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:05 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:You're silly for thinking that you may "recognize" familiar faces at OS on opening day. That place is ALWAYS insanity opening weekend. Nearly every weekend for that matter.

:yes:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby semohunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:11 pm

MODuckkiller wrote:You're silly for thinking that you may "recognize" familiar faces at OS on opening day. That place is ALWAYS insanity opening weekend. Nearly every weekend for that matter.

Sorry for hunting slough most weekends and lots of weekdays during the season for the past 3 years while I was at semo, and getting to know a lot of people there. You do recognize some faces. I never said I recognized all of them but thanks for that useful input
semohunter
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:20 pm

semohunter wrote:

Sorry for hunting slough most weekends and lots of weekdays during the season for the past 3 years while I was at semo, and getting to know a lot of people there. You do recognize some faces. I never said I recognized all of them but thanks for that useful input

:lol3:
Slough had what like 80, 90, 100 parties openining day? Average number of people per party is probably something like 3. That's 280-300 people. It amazes me you could recognize ANYONE with an HQ building that small, that packed.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby semohunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 4:34 pm

I believe 91 parties including quick draw. Yes I do recognize some people not all but some
semohunter
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:27 pm

semohunter wrote:I believe 91 parties including quick draw. Yes I do recognize some people not all but some

Hey semo, I don't know ya, but if you hunt the slough regular, I bet I'd recognize ya if I saw ya. The place is not that big, and ya see about all 300 scouring faces, except those that have qd they are smiling, if ya just look around a little. :fingerhead:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:32 pm

semohunter wrote:

This is very true. You do start to recognize the regulars. I am sure I know the faces of many that post here from one draw or another. I have even had people in my home town walk up and say they have seen me at the draws.

Sadly, thanks to a program that I will dare not speak it's name, most of the people that I recognize from the Slough are (like myself) being spotted at Duck Creek which is now severely over crowded but Duck Dynasty has NOTHING to do with it. We all know why the regulars from certain spots are now overcrowding the others.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting