Duck Dynasty

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Re: Duck Dynasty

Postby semohunter » Mon Nov 04, 2013 5:35 pm

2Longgone wrote:
semohunter wrote:I believe 91 parties including quick draw. Yes I do recognize some people not all but some

Hey semo, I don't know ya, but if you hunt the slough regular, I bet I'd recognize ya if I saw ya. The place is not that big, and ya see about all 300 scouring faces, except those that have qd they are smiling, if ya just look around a little. :fingerhead:

I was there opening day, but I don't hunt it as much this year as I just moved to Jeff city. But I know I'm going to try and get in a couple days down there over thanksgiving. I'll let ya know when I'm going maybe you can fill in for my unreliable fourth that week so I don't have to deal with him lol
semohunter
hunter

Postby Eureka » Mon Nov 04, 2013 8:02 pm

Ok instead of just duck dynasty why don't we blame the increase in waterfowl shows making people beleive that they can have hundreds of birds pouring into their hole with little effort.
Eureka
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Mon Nov 04, 2013 9:18 pm

Eureka wrote:Ok instead of just duck dynasty why don't we blame the increase in waterfowl shows making people beleive that they can have hundreds of birds pouring into their hole with little effort.

Duck hunting DVD's have been around since DVD's themselves have, and VHS's date way back. Duck hunting videos didn't just pop up overnight, bud. They've been around for a while. Probably longer than you have.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby battman1 » Tue Nov 05, 2013 9:09 am

I'm sure the Duck Dynasty guys have drawn in some folks but I'd say Chad Belding has brought in his fair share of younger guys.You have to admit those pictures he takes looking all cool really makes a guy want to be as cool as him.
battman1
hunter

Postby MOduckMOfun » Tue Nov 05, 2013 10:10 am

Saw at least 2 parties in line at Schell this weekend that were wearing realtree hardwoods camo and duck commander brand gear. made me laugh a little
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Postby Cliner » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:37 pm

MOduckMOfun wrote:Saw at least 2 parties in line at Schell this weekend that were wearing realtree hardwoods camo and duck commander brand gear. made me laugh a little

At Brown, I saw several trucks with big ol Duck Commander stickers on em.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:51 pm

It's gonna get worse. To give example. A draw lake I hunted in the 90's... It was common for less than ten parties to draw for 100 sites...50 of which sucked. Now over 100 parties regularly show up. Luckily 90% of these guys are clueless and think they can shoot stuff from triple- treetops high.

sent from my fancy phone that has a really cool kickstand via tapaskwawk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby aunt betty » Tue Nov 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Wait til spring when they start dumping all their" gently used" equipment, expecting full retail. Mark my words.

sent from my fancy phone that has a really cool kickstand via tapaskwawk
INTERNET CREDIBILITY is...an OXYMORON. :moon:
aunt betty
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:10 pm

i have no idea, i did get into duck hunting last year, but it wasnt because of DD. i started watching DD after i started hunting, and i have watched duck commander for years because i enjoyed the differnt look at hunting. i started hunting because i have been envolved in skeet, trap, and sporting clays shooting events since i was 12 years old in 4h shooting sports. im southeast missouri distirct champion 6 years in a row, and even placed 6th at the state shoot out of over 400 kids in trap my last year in 4h. i shot a 97 out of 100, and still got beat! some kids shot 98s 99s and 100s, pretty good for kids. anyway, i loved shotgun shooting, and i loved to hunt yet i hunted deer, squirrel, rabbit, predators, and the only thing i shot with my shotgun were turkey, squirrels, and rabbit, nothing flying, so i got into wing shooting, starting with dove, and now im hooked on waterfowl, i now shoot the first deer i see so i can get to the duck blind ahead of the rest of the deer hunters! :thumbsup:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm

but really in a big picture pov, you are looking at this. MDC has X amount of duck hunting areas and X amount of positions. Theese spots used to pretty much accomidate our hunter numbers. Now we have X amount more than the amount of spots, so in return, to keep selling the high numbers of hunting permits, MDC will, i can gaurentee you, they WILL make more conservation areas. they have plenty of places that would make great duck parks like weldon springs, clearwater lake, council bluff, crane lake, maintz, and thats just to name a few.
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:45 am

It will calm down, already seems to be. And most hopefully are broken hearted and hate it, just in time for the mallards to get here. They will be back into football mode on the couch. Plenty of room to be had! :beer:
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:52 pm

CUT'EM ALL JACK wrote:but really in a big picture pov, you are looking at this. MDC has X amount of duck hunting areas and X amount of positions. Theese spots used to pretty much accomidate our hunter numbers. Now we have X amount more than the amount of spots, so in return, to keep selling the high numbers of hunting permits, MDC will, i can gaurentee you, they WILL make more conservation areas. they have plenty of places that would make great duck parks like weldon springs, clearwater lake, council bluff, crane lake, maintz, and thats just to name a few.

I wouldn't guarantee it CAJ, but I would agree with you that it is a real possibility; it wouldn't surprise me one bit if it happened.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting