Duck Creek Question

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Duck Creek Question

Postby rntmvp6 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:39 am

Called headquarters but no answer only voice recording. I have been through duck creek many times in the summer but never hunting. Gonna try to start hunting there this year. My question: In Units A & B and Pools 2 & 3 are they accessed to the spots by boat? It looks like each place has boat ramps at the parking lot on the aerial map but want to know for sure because I will have someone with me throughout the season that cannot wade the mud anymore with bad knees. Boat is a 17 54 with surface drive motor. Thanks
rntmvp6
hunter

Re: Duck Creek Question

Postby mjcraig15 » Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:28 am

Pools 2 and 3 provide boats and can be accessed with boats. Units A and B tend to be shallow water marsh. Some can be accessed with boats, but a layout is your best option. I have not hunted all of Unit A and B since they reworked it all. I have hunted in pool 11 and 55. Pool 11 we were able to take our jon boat into. 55 you would not be able to use your boat. In general Unit A and B is wade and shoot. There are no blinds out there yet.
mjcraig15
hunter

Re: Duck Creek Question

Postby rntmvp6 » Sat Nov 02, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks for the information! I really appreciate it.
rntmvp6
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting