Hunting for quickdraws

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Hunting for quickdraws

Postby swampchicken » Mon Nov 04, 2013 10:08 pm

Well season has started off good for them have had the opportunity to hunt on two of them so far hope for many more to come.
swampchicken
hunter

Re: Hunting for quickdraws

Postby 870shooter » Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:05 pm

I got to give ya an 'A' for effort there chiken, you keep stirring that pot but have you not noticed that your post has had well over 300 views and no one bites? This issue has been beat into the ground long ago. Keep on Trolling though, you're obviously not one to give up.

:sarcmark: :fingerhead: Personally I have to agree with you, the QD is awesome. Me and the 3 people I hunt with have gotten one every single day since the seasons have opened. Sometimes we have gotten two in one day. Now since the middle zone is also open we are wearing ourselves out driving from GP to OS. And you can't forget about our 22 regular reservations we were already drawn for. We also have to hit our private spots once in a while. And then there is those really good hunts down south in Arky. Man, is there a such thing as too much hunting? Since we are getting so tired we agreed to only hunt QDs in the top ten but that hasn't helped since last night we found out that we have Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon at OS. 2, 7, 5, and 5. Dang what to do. :fingerhead: :sarcmark:

:lol3: It's an internet forum... The first liar never has a chance! :lol3:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampcrawler » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:01 am

swampchicken wrote:Well season has started off good for them have had the opportunity to hunt on two of them so far hope for many more to come.

I heard from a good source that you got 9 reservation this year schicken,thats awesome because I'LL BE BLASTING all your private spots to heck and back.I'll leave my breakfast that we cook there in a big pile in front of your seat..NEEDLESS TO SAY I don't believe 1 word you say.But if you're ok with it ( lying ,sorry s chicken telling a TALL TAIL )Im good with it. :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi: :hi:

p.s

The breakfast we left for you Should be better the second go round,DIG IN .WE KILLED THEM THERE TODAY :yes: :yes: :yes:
swampcrawler
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:30 pm

870shooter wrote:I got to give ya an 'A' for effort there chiken, you keep stirring that pot but have you not noticed that your post has had well over 300 views and no one bites? This issue has been beat into the ground long ago. Keep on Trolling though, you're obviously not one to give up.

:sarcmark: :fingerhead: Personally I have to agree with you, the QD is awesome. Me and the 3 people I hunt with have gotten one every single day since the seasons have opened. Sometimes we have gotten two in one day. Now since the middle zone is also open we are wearing ourselves out driving from GP to OS. And you can't forget about our 22 regular reservations we were already drawn for. We also have to hit our private spots once in a while. And then there is those really good hunts down south in Arky. Man, is there a such thing as too much hunting? Since we are getting so tired we agreed to only hunt QDs in the top ten but that hasn't helped since last night we found out that we have Friday, Sat, Sun and Mon at OS. 2, 7, 5, and 5. Dang what to do. :fingerhead: :sarcmark:

:lol3: It's an internet forum... The first liar never has a chance! :lol3:

I have to say one thing, have put in 8 total, and not been drawn, so screw QD. it should be on a set up the same as managed deer hunts, each time you put in and don't get drawn, you should get a preference point, otherwise you have the same 20 or 30 guys hunting the same spots all the time and no one else gets to to hunt. its not fair that we only have 2 or 3 guys to put in per draw, and some guys have groups of 10 or more, and are able to get drawn just about everytime they put in. where does that put me? the ol poor line, so I just say screw it and go to duck creek. :thumbsup:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby Cliner » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:46 pm

8 total!? I've put in over 100 times and not gotten drawn. The system is f'ed up.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:54 pm

Cliner wrote:8 total!? I've put in over 100 times and not gotten drawn. The system is f'ed up.

Amen, Cliner, I hope you get drawn before id do, because once again, its not fair that you put in that much and never get drawn! the system is worthless!!!
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:13 pm

got my first one ever last week.... That only took what 3 years now. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby Samarai » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:39 pm

Qd sucks. Love pandering to special interests and big money. Middle class doesn't stand a chance
Samarai
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:48 pm

My group is 0 - 35 this year. I did not get one last year. :mad: :no: F this system. They are hoping to get more people to hunt. Why in the hell would any new hunter spend money on equipment for a 2% chance to hunt if they rely on the duck parks to hunt. If anything, I would think it would drive new hunters away.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby dashboard » Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:11 pm

Overheard some guys at OS ask if they get drawn again if they could just leave their decoys out instead of picking them up and putting them back out every morning.
dashboard
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 7:50 pm

seriouslly, what can we do? do some guys have more than one conservation number? i just dont understand how some guys can get drawn over and over and others never get drawn! WHY THE HECK ISNT THERE A PREFERNCE POINT SYSTEM!?!?!?! :mad:
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby rntmvp6 » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:16 pm

Got my first for OS after 70-100 days applied for thats counting an average of 5-10 guys 3-5 days per week I would put in for. None of us have ever got one. So finally got one on Wednesday and they gave me pill # 31. After all that waiting thats the number I get!!! So instead of using it we gambled like everyone else and stood in poor line. Drew pill 8 and had a great hunt plus a band!
rntmvp6
hunter

Postby cwilson » Thu Nov 07, 2013 10:41 pm

Samarai wrote:Qd sucks. Love pandering to special interests and big money. Middle class doesn't stand a chance

X2!

I don't mind the IDEA of QD or reservations: It is nice to know whether or not you are going to hunt or to know you have a day you are for sure going to hunt so you can plan for that. My problem is with how heavily weighted the QD is. The 80/20 is just ridiculous and should be reversed in favor of the poor line. Heck at this point I'd settle for 50/50. And that is coming from a guy who drives 3.5 hrs after I get off work at 1:00 am (been at work for 10 hrs) to go hunting, not some guy who lives 5 min from the CA.
cwilson
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:14 am

Samarai wrote:Qd sucks. Love pandering to special interests and big money. Middle class doesn't stand a chance

well i must be in big money buddy! 11/13 pill 8 11/14 pill 22
swampchicken
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:33 am

take me take me!!!
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby Samarai » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:18 pm

Respectfully CWils - I agree with you wholeheartedly. QD & Reservations are great for long distance travelers.

IMO, QD, as originally deployed, wasn't instituted because of your situation/for you and others in similar situation. Yes, It is wonderful living approximately 20 minutes from GP....that's a personal choice that's created other self imposed limitations. I chose to live with those constraints. I don't think it's appropriate for politicians to cater to special interests. But then again, that's politics.
Our voice regarding QD vs Poor line ratio was heard.......to a 5% degree. That's not appropriate leadership.
Samarai
hunter

Postby Samarai » Fri Nov 08, 2013 1:22 pm

And I'd like to clarify........I believe the MDC does an OUTSTANDING JOB OVERALL....the opportunities the public is presented with are phenomenal! Nonetheless, QD - in it's current format - SUCKS!
Samarai
hunter

Postby EvanKCMO » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:54 pm

Cliner wrote:8 total!? I've put in over 100 times and not gotten drawn. The system is f'ed up.

x2!!! I put in for every Saturday and Sunday last season and didn't get drawn once so this year I said screw it, I'll just put in for every day of the season and take off work if I get drawn. Well.... you can imagine how that's worked out for me. I've never once had a quick draw
EvanKCMO
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:17 pm

swampchicken wrote:well i must be in big money buddy! 11/13 pill 8 11/14 pill 22

11/12 pill 9, 11/13 pill 1 :grooving: , 11/14 pill 7. No rest for the weary. It's freaking amazing!!! Top 10 pills 7 days in a row!!! When will it stop?
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby swampchicken » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:55 pm

Im glad to see im not the only one whos number has had multiple draws this season so far. 870 I would be glad to pm you my number if you think im BSing you on how many times it has had a sucessful so far this season already. Samari quit your crying you know you like quickdraw.
swampchicken
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:26 pm

swampchicken wrote:Im glad to see im not the only one whos number has had multiple draws this season so far. 870 I would be glad to pm you my number if you think im BSing you on how many times it has had a sucessful so far this season already. Samari quit your crying you know you like quickdraw.

Why I would never suspect anyone here of BSing about anything. I mean it's like that woman says on that TV commercial, "They can't put it on the internet if it's not the truth." I would gladly do the same if you doubt me. (even though sending a Conservation ID number to a total stranger isn't that bright of an idea and would not prove a thing because anyone the least bit familar with the QD knows that the results page only shows from the present day up to the entries for the next draw. The history is not shown.) I can't wait till Monday night and see if we can make it 11 draws in a row!

Just got back home from hunting this morning's QD. We all had our limits before 8 but we stayed in the blind and watched for a couple of hours just because it was amazing how many birds were flying and landing in the decoys without even a call being made. We even took some handi wipes and washed off all of our face paint. You couldn't scare them away. They were still just all but attacking us. When we finally loaded up and left we jumped 3 hen Mallards that had landed on top of the blind and had begun to build nests. It sure will be nice later on when the migration actually begins and we get some more ducks in.

Because we have been getting so many QDs my group has decided we are going to try and hunt every position they offer at OS in one season. Tomorrow we will probably use our top 10 QD to hunt the Cul De Sac. :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby satguy1963 » Sat Nov 09, 2013 4:59 pm

The last time we hunted the Cul de sac was on a QD pill 1, we killed 17 ducks by 9am. We sat there for 2 more hours and did not see 1 duck. Then an eagle flew over and dropped a black duck right into the decoys and it was double banded and also had a neck band. Got our limit of ducks that day. So we start picking up the decoys and a flock of specks sail in and we quickly limited out on those too. We then check our ducks at headquarters and head into Dexter and fuel up. I buy a soda and $10 in scratch offs and hit one for $100,000.00. That was 1 of the best hunts I ever had. :beer:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:05 pm

satguy1963 wrote:The last time we hunted the Cul de sac was on a QD pill 1, we killed 17 ducks by 9am. We sat there for 2 more hours and did not see 1 duck. Then an eagle flew over and dropped a black duck right into the decoys and it was double banded and also had a neck band. Got our limit of ducks that day. So we start picking up the decoys and a flock of specks sail in and we quickly limited out on those too. We then check our ducks at headquarters and head into Dexter and fuel up. I buy a soda and $10 in scratch offs and hit one for $100,000.00. That was 1 of the best hunts I ever had. :beer:

:lol: :clapping: :bow: A day like that could possibly make my list of top 10 hunts also.... Maybe

(you forgot to say that you love the Quick Draw)
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby kdog » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Neck band on a duck ...thats a new one ...like to see a pic of that !!!!!!!!!!!!
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:21 pm

Well since qd has been so good to me, I have decided to sell my honey hole. I have about 200 acres prime swamp ground, with about 90 acres of mature pin oaks on it. Looking to sell, just give me a hollar, a considerable down payment will hold it for ya. :beer:
2Longgone
hunter

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting