Hunting for quickdraws

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Hunting for quickdraws

Postby 870shooter » Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:55 pm

2Longgone wrote:Well since qd has been so good to me, I have decided to sell my honey hole. I have about 200 acres prime swamp ground, with about 90 acres of mature pin oaks on it. Looking to sell, just give me a hollar, a considerable down payment will hold it for ya. :beer:

I would think that you would just donate it to the MDC and let them make it another QD area. That way we would all get to hunt it dozens of times every year. :yes:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby satguy1963 » Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:12 am

About 6 years ago on a rainy nasty day I had a reservation at otter slough. I pulled the last pick which was the Cul de sac. Myself, my dad another person headed out there and got set up and we killed 9 that morning. The best part of the hunt was that I killed my first black duck. The 3rd person who was with us pissed and moaned about how we would be wasting our time and we should go back home and not take that spot as it had not killed anything in a couple weeks. Just goes to show that on any given day any spots even if traditionally being bad can be good. It was quite a walk to get back there where there was a nice hole of water ringed in cattails. The duck gods shined on us that day. :thumbsup:
satguy1963
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sun Nov 10, 2013 6:33 pm

870shooter wrote:
2Longgone wrote:Well since qd has been so good to me, I have decided to sell my honey hole. I have about 200 acres prime swamp ground, with about 90 acres of mature pin oaks on it. Looking to sell, just give me a hollar, a considerable down payment will hold it for ya. :beer:

I would think that you would just donate it to the MDC and let them make it another QD area. That way we would all get to hunt it dozens of times every year. :yes:

Well, I considered that. I contacted MDC, after they finally got back with me, we discussed doing just that. MDC told me that at this time they could not add another area to qd, since it was still a pilot program and all. I told them that I could not donate my prime honey hole without the qd provision. Their counter offer was for me to just pound sand, that they will not bend to any pressure what so ever. They did however thank me for my offer and to continue to hunt and fish in MO, keep the MDC revenues up.
Oh well until 2015................
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:50 pm

2Longgone wrote:
870shooter wrote:

Well, I considered that. I contacted MDC, after they finally got back with me, we discussed doing just that. MDC told me that at this time they could not add another area to qd, since it was still a pilot program and all. I told them that I could not donate my prime honey hole without the qd provision. Their counter offer was for me to just pound sand, that they will not bend to any pressure what so ever. They did however thank me for my offer and to continue to hunt and fish in MO, keep the MDC revenues up.

Well I will tell you how we can remedy this situation. You donate the land to me and I will turn around and instantly (in government terms this means after using it myself for a few years) donate it to the MDC. You see I have an inside connection that is high up in the QD management dept. You've heard that I have had a QD for every day this year haven't you? Anyway, I will pull the necessary strings to make sure that this land is put into the QD system right away and I, oops :oops: , I mean the new manager of the area, will see to it that it is one of the premier waterfowl areas in the country where the intrest of the common man and everyday hunter is of utmost importance and everyone's input will be listened to and implemented for the improvement of the area to create a waterfowler's utopia.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:33 pm

870shooter wrote:
2Longgone wrote:
870shooter wrote:

Well I will tell you how we can remedy this situation. You donate the land to me and I will turn around and instantly (in government terms this means after using it myself for a few years) donate it to the MDC. You see I have an inside connection that is high up in the QD management dept. You've heard that I have had a QD for every day this year haven't you? Anyway, I will pull the necessary strings to make sure that this land is put into the QD system right away and I, oops :oops: , I mean the new manager of the area, will see to it that it is one of the premier waterfowl areas in the country where the intrest of the common man and everyday hunter is of utmost importance and everyone's input will be listened to and implemented for the improvement of the area to create a waterfowler's utopia.

Well, I have taken my honey hole off of the market. Although you have given me a great idea. I have never met you, but I believe we could get along. So we will just turn this into a private club, you can be my area manager, we will conduct our own quick draws.I think we can hunt four blinds without too much of a problem, so 20 people daily, make that 16, you and I have to have our spots. Now we can run over to the slough, with our qd's in hand, to see if we can get a top 10 spot. If we get a spot to our liking, we hunt the slough and let our place rest, if not we go back have breakfast and hunt the honey hole.
Now everyone knows this is all possible, cause waterfowlers get from the 1st of November through the end of January off from work (with pay of course) to be able to pursue our passion. Oh yea we will probably want to just hunt the slough on weekends, make the best of our daily qd's. :beer:
2Longgone
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:12 pm

2Longgone wrote:
870shooter wrote:
2Longgone wrote:
870shooter wrote:

Well, I have taken my honey hole off of the market. Although you have given me a great idea. I have never met you, but I believe we could get along. So we will just turn this into a private club, you can be my area manager, we will conduct our own quick draws.I think we can hunt four blinds without too much of a problem, so 20 people daily, make that 16, you and I have to have our spots. Now we can run over to the slough, with our qd's in hand, to see if we can get a top 10 spot. If we get a spot to our liking, we hunt the slough and let our place rest, if not we go back have breakfast and hunt the honey hole.
Now everyone knows this is all possible, cause waterfowlers get from the 1st of November through the end of January off from work (with pay of course) to be able to pursue our passion. Oh yea we will probably want to just hunt the slough on weekends, make the best of our daily qd's. :beer:

Pure... simple... genius!!! Sounds like a plan. Let's do it. Only thing is we will have to wait untill next year. My schedule is full with all these QDs I continue to get and all the regular reservations I got back in Oct. that I really don't have time to devote to this endeavor this year. But if you can hold out, next year it's on like bing bong. :thumbsup:
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby MODuckkiller » Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:19 pm

Just because I knew from the git-go the QD would be a bit on the hilariously outrageous side, I've kept tabs of how many times my brother, my dad, and I have put in vs. how many times drawn.

Even though I attend school in Louisiana, I still have put in every day of the season since the move. Any one want to take guesses on results?

My brother, dad, and I have all put in every day of the season since the '11-'12 season.
That's two 60-day seasons, and 15 days of this season. That's a total of 135 times entered per person. Multiply that by 3 people, and that's 405 times entered.

We've not been drawn to date.
No sarcmark. 0 for 405..and counting.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting