im sick of QD

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, 870shooter, KCDuckMaster, SPatrick

im sick of QD

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:34 pm

NOT DRAWN Otter Slough CA 11/10/2013 3:45 AM HB12235F
NOT DRAWN Otter Slough CA 11/9/2013 3:45 AM HB12235F
I a so sick of seeing this im about to give up completely. why isn't QD set up on a preference points system like the managed deer hunts? yopu have the same guys hunting the same spots always getting QDs. you have a group of 10 guys that put in and half of them get a QD so they end up hunting the best two or 3 QDS they get and burn the other QDS. guys like me with a group of 4 guys or normally less, cant even get a draw. QD SUCKS :no:
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Re: im sick of QD

Postby MOduckMOfun » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:52 am

I got 3 NOT DRAWNs today as well.

:fingerhead:
MOduckMOfun
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:22 pm

You arent alone in not getting quick draws, so dont beat yourself up. I put in for 4 people and our group has gotten 3 total ever, but I wouldnt beleive everything you read on here about people drawing once a week. Somewhere on the MDC website (I am too lazy to look for a link right now) there is a page that shows the percentage of hunters that drew a pill a year, two pills, three and so on. I think there was something like 1 percent of applicants that drew more than four QD pills a season. That said screw a draw similar to our managed deer hunt, I dont get those either. I have no clue where MDC gets their numbers because no one I hunt with wants any sort of electronic draw no matter the percentage of poor line positions versus computerized draw. The chance you take in the draw was part of the price you pay. QD was their response to society's gimme now, right now! mentality. Not to mention the undue pressure it puts on ducks. In the past, during the week pressure was light enough that fields could be rested and it likely wouldnt bump anyone out of spot, even at slough. Sure it picked up on weekends but 32plus positions were not hunted every day. Birds could rest outside the refuge and hunting was better for it. Now with many people who only hunt once a year and get desperate for a duck they shoot them out of a field before they have a chance at really using it. Point is, a system we hate is here to stay. Like it or leave it, Missouri duck hunting isnt what it once was and if you got into the game late you missed what I think were the golden days. And Missouri Duck Control doesnt give a damn if you like it or not.... :no:
sehunter1
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Nov 08, 2013 4:36 pm

amen to that :rolleyes: :fingerhead: :bow:
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:59 pm

I'm up to 138 straight not drawn's if you rely on. MDC for duck hunting you must not spend much time shooting ducks. Like playing the lotto you know you ain't gonna win but you play anyway
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:29 pm

I'll still attempt at drawing in the poor line if I dont get a QD. You have to remember that your odds are A LOT lower at getting a QD than actually drawing in.

I got 3 QD's last year. didnt get any the first year of the program.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby Duckaholic-Anonymous » Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 am

I haven't been drawn since QD's inception and I've never missed an application. MDC saying they lowered the QD percent to 75 means that a couple spots opened up at each park to the poor line, not really significant. You still have people picking and choosing whether they come to the draw based on their position in line. Further more, I won't even try to draw in at places like GP (f Eagle Bluffs, that place is terrible) because you need 4 guys with you just to have a 5 or 10% chance at getting pulled.

If MDC limits QD to the places I don't regularly hunt, I'll be ok with that, but I really fear a larger application of the QD program. That will ruin duck hunting in Missouri. I also hunt KS and none of those parks have any restrictions to the number of hunters, which is a polar opposite of MO. The crowds can get overwhelming but if you're smart about when you go, at least you're not wasting your gas.

Keep QD at GP, EB, and OS or just do away with a program that the majority of Missouri duck hunters hate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Duckaholic-Anonymous
hunter

Postby kdog » Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:52 pm

What ,you all dont like qd ? Mdc says everyone likes qd !!! Let them know ,you dont like it .....Why do we have to put up with 4 different draws at different areas anyway ? emd , omd, qd and reservations ....silly just silly ...... Poor line only
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sun Nov 10, 2013 9:01 pm

I will again post my standard reply to QD posts, I'm sure it will not be the last time-

Anyone who would like to comment on the QD issue should spend about 3 1/2 days going through the 1000s of posts already put up on the subject. If you can thnk of ANYTHING that has not already been said, pro or con, then for sure put it out there. If not, for most of us it is a old, wore out subject with nothing new to be said about it. It is used more to encite bickering and just blantant trolling than a topic of discussion.

With that being said I am going to ask that QD comments be kept to a minimum. If you are new and curious you can search the topic and get days worth of reading. If you have been around here for a while you too have read and heard it all and are probably as tired of it as most of us. If you just enjoy stirring crap and rehashing the same comments over and over and over then more power to ya, nobody is going to stop you and we Mods are more or less obligated to read through it just to make sure the discussion stays somewhat civil.

So you trolls keep trolling, you people who like to argue just for the sake of hearing yourself do it keep right on going. To the rest of us, lets try and limit this topic and find new ones to discuss or even fresh topics to disagree about. There is little left to say about the QD and the re-runs are getting awful boring.

Thanks to those who will cooperate. John
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby fowlhabit4 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:31 am

:clapping: :clapping:
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby BlackFoot777 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:42 pm

Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.
BlackFoot777
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:49 pm

BlackFoot777 wrote:Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.

Yep, your just sayin.... What at least 5 others have already said at least 10 times since the inception of the QD and the start of discussions of it here on DHC. Thanks for the input though.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BIG YAWN

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=quick+draw&fid%5B%5D=40&start=1175
Here is 48 pages of QD reading for anyone who is still interested. I dare you to find something that has not already been said about it. :eek:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby rntmvp6 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:14 pm

BlackFoot777 wrote:
Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.

Most of those including myself who hate quick draw have a good reason to hate it. Living close to Otter slough, gas money is not an issue (10 minutes away). Before QD, most of us would drive to draw at these places typically drawing out 75% of the time especially through the week. If you are trying to draw out 4 days per week you would get in 3-4 of those days PER WEEK. Now with QD most of us who have always relied on these places for public hunting are not getting drawn the whole season. So lets do the math: Before QD- 20 or so successful hunts on these MDC areas or now with current system maybe 0, 1, or 2 successful draws to hunt. This math shows why the majority of people hate this system. Fair is fair- If you want to hunt put your time and energy in. Wake up early and drive, stand in line like everyone else who wants a shot to hunt and take your chances!! I mean how lazy can we get as humans, whats next video skyped draws on the internet so we dont have to stand in line and let the computer pick your number out of the box for you. The internet has ruined the tradition of hunting.

The winners of QD are those who either really dont care if they get drawn, those who typically wouldn't make the drive to come down except for a few given days a season, and those who have private ground that say well cool if I get drawn and oh well if I dont bc I have a private field to go hunt regardless. Those who only have public ground to hunt and are willing to put their time in standing in line to hunt these places are the losers in this game. This system has hurt public hunting here in missouri as many of us continue to state on a daily basis which is why we stay angry about this subject! :mad: :mad:
rntmvp6
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:30 pm

I got 9pill for sunday....I cant get a single guy in our group to go. Never been and only reason i am goin is for qd. I dont care for the system, but since its in place Im goin to use it. Now, if only I could find someone wanting to go to otter sunday.....
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:58 am

870shooter wrote:
BlackFoot777 wrote:Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.

Yep, your just sayin.... What at least 5 others have already said at least 10 times since the inception of the QD and the start of discussions of it here on DHC. Thanks for the input though.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BIG YAWN

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=quick+draw&fid%5B%5D=40&start=1175
Here is 48 pages of QD reading for anyone who is still interested. I dare you to find something that has not already been said about it. :eek:

Come on mod let us grumble. Every year it's like salt in an open wound...and I don't think it'll heal. Hopefully the cold temps and deer season keeps the play hunters at bay this week. I miss slough :sad:
sehunter1
hunter

Postby Cypress_Bend » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:13 am

I have never hunted on public ground in Missouri, but I have hunted it in TN. I think any system has flaws and will never be perfect. In Tn it is a free for all. as long as you are 200 yards from other blinds. There is no one to regulate and is a bad system in itself, do you have any idea how many people can squeeze into 1000 acres, it is absolute ridiculous. So even though you dont get drawn dont be a baby and cry about it all the time, pony up some coin and get some lease ground. people that hunt public land are just as dependent as the people that walk to the mail box for government assistance each month.
Cypress_Bend
hunter

Postby lablover0929 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:33 am

Cypress_Bend wrote:I have never hunted on public ground in Missouri, but I have hunted it in TN. I think any system has flaws and will never be perfect. In Tn it is a free for all. as long as you are 200 yards from other blinds. There is no one to regulate and is a bad system in itself, do you have any idea how many people can squeeze into 1000 acres, it is absolute ridiculous. So even though you dont get drawn dont be a baby and cry about it all the time, pony up some coin and get some lease ground. people that hunt public land are just as dependent as the people that walk to the mail box for government assistance each month.

So, every hunter that hunts on public ground is just like low income, poverty, disabled, ect... just waiting on our monthly meal ticket to arrive??????
But you have pony'd up and living the world of the real duck hunters on private ground. No need for you to wait on that government meal ticket no more, you are a big boy now wearing his prouder, and better than you britches.

With that attitude your not even worthy of classifying yourself a duck hunter, waterfowler, much less a sportsman. I"ll take my public ground in western ky anyday of the week! Freelancing is what its all about! Not interested in your plush, better than government subsidizes duck hunting.
Now, tomorrow I'm coming over to stand in line with the rest of the po line and hopefully draw to kill some of those less than standard government issued ducks Missouri has.
TEAM YELLA DAWG
lablover0929
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:01 am

Cypress_Bend wrote:I have never hunted on public ground in Missouri, but I have hunted it in TN. I think any system has flaws and will never be perfect. In Tn it is a free for all. as long as you are 200 yards from other blinds. There is no one to regulate and is a bad system in itself, do you have any idea how many people can squeeze into 1000 acres, it is absolute ridiculous. So even though you dont get drawn dont be a baby and cry about it all the time, pony up some coin and get some lease ground. people that hunt public land are just as dependent as the people that walk to the mail box for government assistance each month.

Wow strong words guy. A lease would be cool, so would not getting the boot in school for failing to pay tuition. Your at a bit of a disadvantage on the topic as you have never hunted public in MO. If ya get the chance try it, it's a spectacle. It can also be phenomenal. It's hard to stomach utilizing the draw that's forced on us when you see wives, girlfriends, and sisters show up to claim a pill with no intent to hunt. As for that lease, I guess I'll just have to work harder. Til that day comes I'll keep paying my state taxes and walking to that proverbial mailbox to get my government check each morning I hunt.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby fowlhabit4 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 10:27 am

Pony up.... :lol3: I've met guys like this, far to often. So sad
fowlhabit4
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 am

good lord this topic went the wrong direction. i just wanted to state MY frustration, havent stated much before because i just thought some guys had bad luck, but it is really hard to get a QD. im thankful in a sense it exists because when i finally do get one, i will be happy to have it. its just really disapointing. deer hunters can go out 1000s of places and just walk in and hunt, turkey hunters and pretty much any other hunters in MO can go out tons of places whenever they want. but waterfowl hunters are stuck trying to fight elbow to elbow for positions to hunt, they dont have many walk in areas to hunt, especially not ones with a high rate of killing ducks. so in general im upset with the lack of duck hunting areas MO has in general, QD just pushed me over the edge lol. but, you work at it hard enough you will get in places, and you will kill ducks. :thumbsup: just hope we can make a few changes to the QD system, mainly a prefernce points system like our mnanaged deer hunting, that way its fair to everyone, and EVERYONE who puts in has a chance to get drawn, not just the same guys that seem to get it all the time.
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:45 am

CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:47 am

so everyone trying to get drawn are bums??? i do like the way TN is set up lol. at least you get to hunt! :lol: some people arent on welfare, and work hard for the small pay they do get, and cnat afford to drop big $$$ on a lese, jsut like they have to shoot an old 1100 remington and cnat afford a new benelli or beretta every year.
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:33 pm

so everyone trying to get drawn are bums??? i do like the way TN is set up lol. at least you get to hunt! :lol: some people arent on welfare, and work hard for the small pay they do get, and cnat afford to drop big $$$ on a lese, jsut like they have to shoot an old 1100 remington and cnat afford a new benelli or beretta every year.[/quote]

I hear ya Jack , Things happen , hard to justifie spending money on a lease when the family needs come before anything else . I felt guilty about buying a auto loader this year , I had a Benelli and a Beretta , but I had to sell them and other firearms to pay for my wives hospital bill the insurance didn't cover the last few years.
Got a still in box , never fired Charles Daly auto for $300.00 I'll get by with it till it wears out .

Big Muddy
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:47 pm

Guess I could pick up a second job work 80 hours a week, and then I would be able to afford a lease. I won't have anytime to hunt it though because I will be working to pay for it, and I won't get to see my kids or family anymore, so i will end up divorced. Probably be able to write one hell of a country song after it is all said and done though, and then I will be rich and be able to afford the lease and hunt it. :lol3:
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:51 pm

fowlhabit4 wrote:I got 9pill for sunday....I cant get a single guy in our group to go. Never been and only reason i am goin is for qd. I dont care for the system, but since its in place Im goin to use it. Now, if only I could find someone wanting to go to otter sunday.....

I'd be down to go! where at??
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting