im sick of QD

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: im sick of QD

Postby 870shooter » Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:13 pm

sehunter1 wrote:
870shooter wrote:
BlackFoot777 wrote:Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.

Yep, your just sayin.... What at least 5 others have already said at least 10 times since the inception of the QD and the start of discussions of it here on DHC. Thanks for the input though.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BIG YAWN

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=quick+draw&fid%5B%5D=40&start=1175
Here is 48 pages of QD reading for anyone who is still interested. I dare you to find something that has not already been said about it. :eek:

Come on mod let us grumble. Every year it's like salt in an open wound...and I don't think it'll heal. Hopefully the cold temps and deer season keeps the play hunters at bay this week. I miss slough :sad:

This request to limit the QD comments came from myself as an individual, not a mod or anyone else affiliated with the site. I have had MANY people PM and say how sick of hearing about it they are, as well as post the same feelings. Anyway, grumble on :thumbsup: . A great majority of the members don't even clik on a thread that mentions QD.

Cypress_Bend wrote:I have never hunted on public ground in Missouri, but I have hunted it in TN. I think any system has flaws and will never be perfect. In Tn it is a free for all. as long as you are 200 yards from other blinds. There is no one to regulate and is a bad system in itself, do you have any idea how many people can squeeze into 1000 acres, it is absolute ridiculous. So even though you dont get drawn dont be a baby and cry about it all the time, pony up some coin and get some lease ground. people that hunt public land are just as dependent as the people that walk to the mail box for government assistance each month.

Tell ya what buddy, I'm going to be at OS Saturday morning hunting a QD. Participating in a system that I personally think is severly flawed and I hate. But that aside, I would love for you to meet me there and explain that I am as dependent as someone who gets a government check. If this was not a blantant troll just trying to get people worked up and you honestly feel this way PLEASE come meet me Saturday. If I can't explain to you the error in your logic, I'm sure there will be many there that would love to. If you decide to make this meeting you better eat a large breakfast and bring your lunch cause it's likely to be a long discussion.
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby dannyduck » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:11 pm

I feel especially bad for the older guys who for years dreamed of the day they could finally retire and hunt every day they wanted. They sacrificed as all us working stiffs do to squeeze as many hunts in as we can while working 40+ hours a week. Before QD these guys could show up for the poor line Monday thru Friday and get in nearly every day. Not so much any more. When you're retired and on a fixed income it can be tough to justify the expense of driving to the draw and not getting in. I'm not retired but was looking forward to the opportunity to hunt more often when that day does come. Again, not so much anymore.
dannyduck
Newb

Postby 2Longgone » Thu Nov 14, 2013 7:24 pm

Cypress_Bend wrote:I have never hunted on public ground in Missouri, but I have hunted it in TN. I think any system has flaws and will never be perfect. In Tn it is a free for all. as long as you are 200 yards from other blinds. There is no one to regulate and is a bad system in itself, do you have any idea how many people can squeeze into 1000 acres, it is absolute ridiculous. So even though you dont get drawn dont be a baby and cry about it all the time, pony up some coin and get some lease ground. people that hunt public land are just as dependent as the people that walk to the mail box for government assistance each month.

I've seen about all the post on QD here, listened to all and joined in on quite a bit of the bitching at the slough.
I have to say this is about the most intelligent post of em all, especially since you have never
hunted public ground in MO.
It's kinda like if you don't vote, you don't have the right to bitch about the winner.
Clueless ****
2Longgone
hunter

Postby Cliner » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:10 pm

I'll "pony up" to get in a good lease in western or north MO. Good luck finding one.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby Cypress_Bend » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:23 am

870shooter wrote:
sehunter1 wrote:
870shooter wrote:
BlackFoot777 wrote:Our group has been drawn 3 times this year already. I'm so sick and tired of people who say they hate the qd, I never get drawn, yada yada yada. If you don't like it, dont put in for it. Drive down there and get turned away like everyone else. You ought to be thankful the conservation is saving you guys all that gas money. Add it up at the end of the season, and donate it to the conservation department to say thx to even have places like to hunt at. Here in Missouri we are pretty fortunate to have the places to hunt that we do. You may not like it, but that's the way it is, just sayin.

Yep, your just sayin.... What at least 5 others have already said at least 10 times since the inception of the QD and the start of discussions of it here on DHC. Thanks for the input though.

:hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer: :hammer:

BIG YAWN

http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&keywords=quick+draw&fid%5B%5D=40&start=1175
Here is 48 pages of QD reading for anyone who is still interested. I dare you to find something that has not already been said about it. :eek:

Come on mod let us grumble. Every year it's like salt in an open wound...and I don't think it'll heal. Hopefully the cold temps and deer season keeps the play hunters at bay this week. I miss slough :sad:

This request to limit the QD comments came from myself as an individual, not a mod or anyone else affiliated with the site. I have had MANY people PM and say how sick of hearing about it they are, as well as post the same feelings. Anyway, grumble on :thumbsup: . A great majority of the members don't even clik on a thread that mentions QD.

Tell ya what buddy, I'm going to be at OS Saturday morning hunting a QD. Participating in a system that I personally think is severly flawed and I hate. But that aside, I would love for you to meet me there and explain that I am as dependent as someone who gets a government check. If this was not a blantant troll just trying to get people worked up and you honestly feel this way PLEASE come meet me Saturday. If I can't explain to you the error in your logic, I'm sure there will be many there that would love to. If you decide to make this meeting you better eat a large breakfast and bring your lunch cause it's likely to be a long discussion.

WOW, you missouri boys sure do get hurt feelings over your public land hunting, heaven forbid you grip and complain about it enough that a moderator ask you to not comment on QD so much, but it would be an outrage if an out of stater say anything about it. I guess when I classified everyone in the government assistance program I hurt there feelings. Now the moderator is asking me to meet so he can "explain", and I will surely be there for I am not affraid, and since TN season does not start till thanksgiving I will cross the river to come kill your ducks. and I will be sure to eat a BIG breakfast, pack a lunch, and bring desert. I am about 6'5" 250lbs, dark hair, blue eyes, and have a beard, I will be wearing camo, and be driving a truck so come find me big boy to "explain whatever you need to"... I wonder if I will get gov't cheese handed out to me when I pull a pill?
Cypress_Bend
hunter

Postby Cypress_Bend » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:30 am

Cypress_Bend
hunter

Postby Cliner » Fri Nov 15, 2013 8:44 am

6'5 250? I bet you've whooped so many asses...We got us a real tough guy here, boys!
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Fri Nov 15, 2013 9:58 am

Cypress_Bend wrote:
870shooter wrote:
sehunter1 wrote:
870shooter wrote:

BIG YAWN

WOW, you missouri boys sure do get hurt feelings over your public land hunting, heaven forbid you grip and complain about it enough that a moderator ask you to not comment on QD so much, but it would be an outrage if an out of stater say anything about it. I guess when I classified everyone in the government assistance program I hurt there feelings. Now the moderator is asking me to meet so he can "explain", and I will surely be there for I am not affraid, and since TN season does not start till thanksgiving I will cross the river to come kill your ducks. and I will be sure to eat a BIG breakfast, pack a lunch, and bring desert. I am about 6'5" 250lbs, dark hair, blue eyes, and have a beard, I will be wearing camo, and be driving a truck so come find me big boy to "explain whatever you need to"... I wonder if I will get gov't cheese handed out to me when I pull a pill?

Anybody got a minn kota? I hear a troll!
sehunter1
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:55 pm

Cypress_Bend wrote:WOW, you missouri boys sure do get hurt feelings over your public land hunting, heaven forbid you grip and complain about it enough that a moderator ask you to not comment on QD so much, but it would be an outrage if an out of stater say anything about it. I guess when I classified everyone in the government assistance program I hurt there feelings. Now the moderator is asking me to meet so he can "explain", and I will surely be there for I am not affraid, and since TN season does not start till thanksgiving I will cross the river to come kill your ducks. and I will be sure to eat a BIG breakfast, pack a lunch, and bring desert. I am about 6'5" 250lbs, dark hair, blue eyes, and have a beard, I will be wearing camo, and be driving a truck so come find me big boy to "explain whatever you need to"... I wonder if I will get gov't cheese handed out to me when I pull a pill?
:lol:

Being a mod had nothing to do with the request to limit the comments on QD. I already explained that. Everyone is saying the same things over and over and quite frankly, most are sick of hearing it.

Being an out of stater had nothing to do with the reactions to your comments. Nor did it have anything to do with your views on the QD. Making a condesending, arrogant statement to "pony up some coin and get a lease" is what offended some I'm sure. Believe it or not, you are not the first.... member... to make that statement. I guess you feel that if, for whatever reason, a person can't afford to lease or buy land then they don't deserve to hunt waterfowl? Then to suggest that by using the land that our taxes pay for makes one the equivalant of bums freeloading off of the government made you several friends also I'm sure.

Gee, your description of your self has me so scared I don't know if I want to go and use our QD now. Thanks for all the specifics, I'm sure I will be able to pick you right out. Camo, truck, beard. :fingerhead: By the way, I fit almost the identical description except I'm only 6'2" and have blond hair. I will wear a hat so you can spot me. :rolleyes: I don't understand why you feel so threatened by an invite to have a discussion. I did live in TN for 14 yrs though so I do have some insight in to how the thought process goes for many over there so I guess I understand. To some, anything besides "Howdy ya'all. How's ur momma an em?" can be taken as a threat. Anyway, no threat was intended, I look forward to talking to you.

In the mean time, keep on Trollin!!
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting