thoughts on proposed river blind changes

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

thoughts on proposed river blind changes

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:02 pm

anyone heard of the proposed changes MDC wants to put in place? no more having to build permanent blinds at your spot, electronic drawing, etc?

you can check the changes out at https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BKGFYRG

we applied for a redraw in the Alton Pool this year and got the blind we wanted. only have it for 1 year and had to tear down the old one and rebuild. its a good spot and you can shoot birds out of it. thing is, we have only used it twice. and that is completely our fault. but the sh** other people do to these blinds when they hunt them is ridiculous IMO. 2nd time out we found beer cans, trash, torn down structures we put up, and a lot of the cover (pin oak & willow) was tossed, etc. :mad: :mad: :mad:

i am cool with providing the public with as many opportunities to hunt as possible, but people straight up don't give a damn about something unless they built it or paid for it!

i am voting in favor of the proposed changes. would love being able to take my layout or another boat blind out there instead of dropping the time and money it takes to build a permanent blind. especially after my experiences (though limited) this year.
SMcGarrity
hunter

Re: thoughts on proposed river blind changes

Postby gride830 » Tue Nov 19, 2013 9:47 pm

i am cool with providing the public with as many opportunities to hunt as possible, but people straight up don't give a damn about something unless they built it or paid for it!

Exactly......one of the reason public river blind Hunting is last on my list. :fingerhead:

I'd rather QD it all season than mess with that headache of a hunting situation. It only takes one time for most people to figure out that building a blind on the river sucks when everyone else destroys it and the hunting isn't even good.
gride830
hunter

Postby Dullknife » Thu Nov 21, 2013 4:40 pm

we had A-9 last year but it was too beat up and we had no desire to rebuild it after last year. After the first week the place was trashed, a few weeks later we found that someone had built a fire in our trash can and it had partly melted onto the floor. I see no reason to have to build a blind when you could build a natural blind on shore or pull a boat up to your spot and if you really wanted to you could still build yourself a big fancy blind with 2 rooms and a urinal. At least give us the option.
Dullknife
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:06 pm

I'm in A9 this year. Funny stuff. Maybe we will just burn it down...:shock:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby oktakem » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:03 pm

I'm against it. Read my reply from a previous post somebody put up a couple weeks ago. The only change I want is the Illinois guys out of the draw just like reservations. My reply on the post a couple weeks ago was long so I won't repeat myself. From what I understand the response against is overwhelming, but we know they (MDC) will do what they want anyway. The only thing that's a done deal is the draw-it's going online next summer. That's a no-brainer. They've been talking for at least 4 years about adding more areas to the draws. One only look at the MDC google earth to see where they are. Some already have blinds (and I'm not talking about Cuiver River). We got a good blind in the redraw that has been jumped a couple times too. Not much trash but enough. It's part of the game I guess. Sucks but the good blinds will be jumped constantly!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting