A pool Duck Creek Question

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

A pool Duck Creek Question

Postby satguy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:58 am

I have not hunted Duck Creek since they reconstructed A pool. How much water and how much cover do they have there this year? Is there enough water in it to float and use a boat out there?
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Re: A pool Duck Creek Question

Postby MODuckkiller » Wed Nov 20, 2013 11:59 am

From google search- "Duck Creek Missouri information"

General Information
Region: Southeast

Counties: Stoddard,Bollinger,Wayne

For more information call: 573-290-5730

I've started the search for your answers for you, now you can take the reigns and finish it. I'm sure someone on the other end of the line would be more than happy to answer all of your questions.

:hammer:
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby mjcraig15 » Wed Nov 20, 2013 12:42 pm

I have hunted Unit A twice this year. Pool 15 and 18. Plenty of water. We had our boat out there. Cover can be sparse in some areas, but we did not have too much problem finding a spot to hide. Limits both days. Watch it in Pool 15. The old borrow pit/boat lane is still there, and you will have water over your waders. Additionally, the new sloughs that they put in are over your waders also. Just be careful around where the new sloughs are. Like MODuckkiller said, give them a call. Keith and the guys are pretty helpful.
mjcraig15
hunter

Postby satguy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:28 pm

Thanks for the info, You can call these areas all day long and get different answers or no answers. The hunters out there have better real time info than these guys. I have hunted Duck Creek for 25 years and have had leased field across the street for 15 years. Just haven't hunted it in 2 years till they got it finished. I looked at the aerial views of the new A pool area but it does not show it this time of year flooded. I did not have the new number I always called the 573-222-3337 and they would answer during the day and you would get the recorded message at night.
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

satguy
hunter

Postby satguy » Wed Nov 20, 2013 1:33 pm

[quote="MODuckkiller"]From google search- "Duck Creek Missouri information"

General Information

I've started the search for your answers for you, now you can take the reigns and finish it. I'm sure someone on the other end of the line would be more than happy to answer all of your questions.

The number that you posted is for the regional office in Cape Girardeau.

The actual number for DC is 573-222-3337 You have to leave a message and they will call you back.

Thanks for the info.
]
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

satguy
hunter

Postby MODuckkiller » Wed Nov 20, 2013 5:32 pm

satguy wrote:
MODuckkiller wrote:From google search- "Duck Creek Missouri information"

General Information

The number that you posted is for the regional office in Cape Girardeau.

The actual number for DC is 573-222-3337 You have to leave a message and they will call you back.

Thanks for the info.
]

Nice job on the quote there, sport. Really. Glad you could figure it out.

But seriously, I was just poking at ya a little. :umm:
If you can't handle a little bit of sarcasm and bluntness, you're on the wrong forums. I'd recommend the 'fuge. Or at least stay away from the HH.
MIZ
-MODuckkiller
MODuckkiller
hunter

Postby talltimber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:21 am

satguy wrote:Thanks for the info, You can call these areas all day long and get different answers or no answers. The hunters out there have better real time info than these guys. I have hunted Duck Creek for 25 years and have had leased field across the street for 15 years. Just haven't hunted it in 2 years till they got it finished. I looked at the aerial views of the new A pool area but it does not show it this time of year flooded. I did not have the new number I always called the 573-222-3337 and they would answer during the day and you would get the recorded message at night.

Across the street?? What were you dry land hunting? I've never noticed the ground on the east side of 51 HWY, across from DC HQ flooded before?
talltimber
hunter

Postby satguy » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:46 pm

talltimber wrote:
satguy wrote:Thanks for the info, You can call these areas all day long and get different answers or no answers. The hunters out there have better real time info than these guys. I have hunted Duck Creek for 25 years and have had leased field across the street for 15 years. Just haven't hunted it in 2 years till they got it finished. I looked at the aerial views of the new A pool area but it does not show it this time of year flooded. I did not have the new number I always called the 573-222-3337 and they would answer during the day and you would get the recorded message at night.

Across the street?? What were you dry land hunting? I've never noticed the ground on the east side of 51 HWY, across from DC HQ flooded before?

We were across from the kinder store. It was the last field on the left just pass the road leading to the coon hunters club. We had about 250 bigfoots and 200 g&h supermag shells. In the day we would kill 100 plus Canada geese per season. Then they quit migrating so we gave it up. We had a pit out there with about 2 acres of water. We didn't kill many ducks there but did well on the geese.
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

satguy
hunter

Postby talltimber » Fri Nov 22, 2013 1:22 pm

Ok.
Yes, I've heard that field/area was hot with geese back then. I've duck hunted with some guys that goose hunted, if not that field, very close to there.
talltimber
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting