Hunting at Otter Slough

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Hunting at Otter Slough

Postby matt9966 » Wed Dec 18, 2013 10:39 am

might try and head down to OS this weekend - anyone have an ice update./ Hopeful most of the ice melts with the high temps being forecasted
matt9966
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:55 am

here is an ice update.......if you don't live close enough to drive and go see for yourself STAY HOME!!!!
slickerhater
hunter

Postby semomudhen » Thu Dec 19, 2013 12:21 pm

It's 55 and south wind blowing at 20-30. That should help with your ice question.
semomudhen
hunter

Postby Cliner » Thu Dec 19, 2013 1:10 pm

slickerhater wrote:here is an ice update.......if you don't live close enough to drive and go see for yourself STAY HOME!!!!

:violin: :violin: :violin:
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Postby satguy » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:54 am

slickerhater wrote:here is an ice update.......if you don't live close enough to drive and go see for yourself STAY HOME!!!!

I see we have another hater just signed up on the forum. I saw his 3rd post asking where all the divers are. Was going to tell him to get in his truck and drive to Canada checking every waterhole along the way. Newbies???? :fingerpt:
Phowler Extreme 1856
Prodrive 36hp
Avery Quickset blind

If it ain't broke don't fix it
satguy
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:10 am

ive never posted anything about divers just cause Im new to this forum doesn't mean Im new to duck hunting, this is my 21st season, Im just sick of living 5 minutes from Otter Slough and never being able to hunt there
slickerhater
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:15 pm

slickerhater wrote:ive never posted anything about divers....

uhh... Sorry.... Yes you have. Last post in this thread. http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=364434&p=3717441#p3717441

:welcome: Welcome anyway. I don't live 5 minutes from OS but feel the same way!!!
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby Rory » Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:49 pm

slickerhater wrote:ive never posted anything about divers just cause Im new to this forum doesn't mean Im new to duck hunting, this is my 21st season, Im just sick of living 5 minutes from Otter Slough and never being able to hunt there

Living in that area you'd think you'd be able to come up with some private land to hunt guy.
Rory
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Fri Dec 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Rory wrote:
slickerhater wrote:ive never posted anything about divers just cause Im new to this forum doesn't mean Im new to duck hunting, this is my 21st season, Im just sick of living 5 minutes from Otter Slough and never being able to hunt there

Living in that area you'd think you'd be able to come up with some private land to hunt guy.

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That''s kinda like last Sunday, a guy from IL was at the slough. I was talking with him, there were only about 55 parties there, he said a buddy called him and said there were spots left over on Saturday and he thought he'd give it a try. He went on to say he drove about 3 hours to get there and could not believe how big the crowd was. :crying:
I told him that it was a typical weekend crowd, maybe a little light for the slough and the reason they had spots left over on Saturday was cause the place was 90 percent ice locked.

My point is, if you're not from around the area, you can say this or that but you don't have a clue. A good "private area" around the slough will cost you more than a premium price.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby Rory » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:59 pm

2Longgone wrote:
Rory wrote:

:lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

That''s kinda like last Sunday, a guy from IL was at the slough. I was talking with him, there were only about 55 parties there, he said a buddy called him and said there were spots left over on Saturday and he thought he'd give it a try. He went on to say he drove about 3 hours to get there and could not believe how big the crowd was. :crying:
I told him that it was a typical weekend crowd, maybe a little light for the slough and the reason they had spots left over on Saturday was cause the place was 90 percent ice locked.

My point is, if you're not from around the area, you can say this or that but you don't have a clue. A good "private area" around the slough will cost you more than a premium price.

Not from the area and have plenty of places around there I can go hunt whenever. Pay a total of.... zero dollars.
Rory
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:22 am

To the person in the poorline that gets #8 tomorrow 12/22. Your welcome. :smile:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:17 pm

870shooter wrote:To the person in the poorline that gets #8 tomorrow 12/22. Your welcome. :smile:

You mean you're not gonna jump in your boat and run down for a marginal 1 plus bird per man average?? This was at 1 pm today, probably a little deeper by now.

I believe we are getting to flood stage.
122113 flood.JPG
2Longgone
hunter

Postby semomudhen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:48 pm

870shooter wrote:To the person in the poorline that gets #8 tomorrow 12/22. Your welcome. :smile:

I've got number 9 for tomorrow but am not going. There is water absolutely everywhere in Semo plus I think the flu is starting to set in. Oh well, at least there is still the South zone for those "reverse migration" days. :biggrin: Hope everybody stays safe on the way to the Slough in the am. You will definately run into water over several roads.
semomudhen
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:55 pm

No I wasn't asking where the divers are, I can find my own scouting......I was wondering where the divers were in the pic, all I saw were a bunch of fish eating mergansers
slickerhater
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:56 pm

and no private ground to hunt because Im not going to pay to hunt or give ER a handjob for a few ducks
slickerhater
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:13 pm

Hahahaha, ER...
talltimber
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting