grand pass help

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

grand pass help

Postby Normmcclean » Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:49 pm

First things first I'm not looking to poach your favorite spot on the farm. I finally drew a pill after 143 tries. I have hunted GP a dozen times but I have always been in pool 6. And I have always managed a limit of green heads but I finally drew a number low enough to hunt somewhere else. I have pill #11 on wed. I don't know much about other pools since I have always known I was going to be in 6. I am wondering where I might be able to go with an 11. I'm guessing somewhere in 5 will be likely or maybe T3 but that's more of a wish than a reality. Anyone have a guess where an 11 will get me. Also I have a fiberglass boat and I'm guessing this weekends temps will prevent me from using my boat so I will likely be a walk in. Any help is very much appreciated. I have a baby coming in a month so this will likely be my last hoorah. Thanks again and good luck to you
Normmcclean
hunter

Re: grand pass help

Postby maddog_gk » Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:22 pm

PM sent
maddog_gk
hunter

Postby Duckaholic-Anonymous » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:31 pm

Definitely will be a walk-in with the ice. Pool 3 is up against the refuge, it's usually good. Just look at the board when you get there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Duckaholic-Anonymous
hunter

Postby Normmcclean » Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:55 pm

Thanks for the help I think most pools will put on a couple inches of ice this weekend. I just hope its thick enough to walk on. Nothing worse than having to break 1/4 mile of ice just to get to where you want to hunt. I'm afraid it might be that stuff that is in between breakable with legs and able to walk on top. Either way I'm looking forward to hunting a different pool for a change of view. I've always taken my 4 Greenhead's but I have some new hunters coming along so I would love for them to see some of the big groups decoying and experience the things that got us all hooked on waterfowl.
Normmcclean
hunter

Postby swampchicken » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:55 am

You could walk on the ice yesterday already. Sometimes its better to stick to places you know. Good luck and have fun but be safe out there.
swampchicken
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting