rain?????

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

rain?????

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:42 am

i have a reservation for duck creek tomorrow, but they are calling for 2 in. of rain. do you think i will be ok as far as getting stuck out there in a flood? lol. and will the ducks even be flying?
"we are endowed by our creator to whack em and stack em!"~Phil Robertson
"peter; Arise, Kill, And Eat."
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Re: rain?????

Postby semomudhen » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:06 pm

I wouldn't worry about the flood. It's the lack of birds that will get you stuck there all day.
semomudhen
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:32 pm

X2 on that. Lot of birds left the bootheel...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby Tiny81 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 6:29 pm

I hunt a mile from DC lake and there are still some birds around but they have not worked well for us the last 2 days. Mingo has 10000 on monopoly. 3-5" of rain is just going to scatter them out even farther
Tiny81
Newb

Postby 2Longgone » Fri Dec 20, 2013 7:51 pm

I hope we get every last drop they are predicting. My hole off of the river needs some help.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby semomudhen » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:52 pm

2Longgone wrote:I hope we get every last drop they are predicting. My hole off of the river needs some help.

Uh your river hole should be more than full for you. We are sitting close to 6 inches and its still raining around Oran.
semomudhen
hunter

Postby 2Longgone » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:33 pm

semomudhen wrote:
2Longgone wrote:I hope we get every last drop they are predicting. My hole off of the river needs some help.

Uh your river hole should be more than full for you. We are sitting close to 6 inches and its still raining around Oran.

Yep, our cup runeth over.
2Longgone
hunter

Postby sehunter1 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:34 pm

How'd that resi go jack? I had a fair shoot down there the day before.
sehunter1
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:49 pm

ya, it was ok, drew pill 34 :no: lol. but hey we got tenth pick, and naturally with the constant rain i went to pool 2 where i had some rain shelter lol. ended up raining hard at times, we all got drenched. killed some ducks, mostly freakin mergansers and ring necks (go figure) and dc said they were only holding 5000 birds, but hey i got news for them, i bet we saw at least twice that from the blind lol. not to mention about 50,000 snows and 10,000 specks! lol. im sure they will be wide spread tomorrow though.
"every beast that walketh the earth, all the fowl of the air and every fish of the sea I give unto you for food"
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Sat Dec 21, 2013 11:53 pm

but a little tip, i had a mojo teal, mojo woody, and a big mojo drake. i had to move the mojos way out on the outside of my half moon shaped spread for them to like it. then they started working good. they didnt like the mojos tight on the spread at all. also, about 4 out of 5 flocks prefer not to hear a hail call, i called most of them in with a feeding chuckkle, and widgeon/pintail whistle. the straight hail call, from any of our calls, would flare them, i guess they have heard that noise a lot right before getting stung by little steel bees! lol.
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Postby BigAL64 » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:42 pm

We have been calling very little to not at all for the last month with very good results. Maybe just a couple quacks to get them to look and then nothing else.
BigAL64
hunter

Postby CUT'EM ALL JACK » Wed Dec 25, 2013 6:56 pm

amen to that. i think the ducks are even scared of each other right now lol :biggrin:
CUT'EM ALL JACK
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting