IYF Outfitters! This is a must read

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

IYF Outfitters! This is a must read

Postby Grishamflauge » Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:10 am

This is obviously my opinion:

The most unprofessional, selfish, and unorganized duck hunt that I've experience in my 11 years of leaving South Carolina to shoot ducks! It wasn't perfect hunting conditions for any outfitter the few days we spend in Missouri but it isn't the hunting success that we were so displeased with....the service was the hugest disappointment. Pure theft! Almost inhuman! Feel free to PM me for further details, I don't want to think about it much longer than I need to but certainly want everyone that considers giving this guy a dime to talk with me or any of the other raged folks on this trip.

His name can be found all over his website
Grishamflauge
hunter

Re: IYF Outfitters! This is a must read

Postby kdog » Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:36 am

Probably just wore down from the season !! :huh:
walmart sucks the life out of your town

POUND SALT /SAND ...Whatever it is
kdog
hunter

Postby Anoldhuntersc » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:19 pm

Can feel your pain. We were raped by outfitter in semo couple years ago just a Dirty deal. A lot of Rice in that area. never felt so unappreciated by an Outfitter.
Anoldhuntersc
hunter

Postby boogs13 » Thu Dec 26, 2013 6:11 pm

We also had a bad experience with IYF Outfitters. Unprofessional, unorganized. We felt like he was just going throught the motions. He did offer us a free day, but we declined. We won't use IYF again and cannot recommend him. There are better outfitters available.
boogs13
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:12 am

Whats sad is this seems to happen a lot... These outfitters open up.. people love them, swear by them.. couple years go by they lose some of the people that they started with and they start to sort of slip and start just going through the motions! I would say for every 1 good long standing outfitter out there there is 10 that suck and have gone belly up
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sun Jan 05, 2014 10:15 pm

And good riddance.
talltimber
hunter

Postby duckboytoo » Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:30 am

I have duck hunted for 50 years with many individuals and outfitters. The IYF owner is one of the best in the business. However, he does operate differently. He does not always get to blinds at daylight. Under the right conditions he goes out later, which is very effective. It takes a little patience. Those who follow his advice do well. It was incredible the day after you left.
duckboytoo
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Tue Jan 07, 2014 8:12 pm

duckboytoo wrote:I have duck hunted for 50 years with many individuals and outfitters. The IYF owner is one of the best in the business. However, he does operate differently. He does not always get to blinds at daylight. Under the right conditions he goes out later, which is very effective. It takes a little patience. Those who follow his advice do well. It was incredible the day after you left.

:welcome: Join up and first post is defending an outfitter. :welcome:

How long have you worked there/owned it? :lol3: Just kidding.

Seriously though :welcome:
Budweiser ProStaff
Team Biscuits and Gravy (no better team exists!)
Victorias Secrets Catalog Model Recruiter
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby golden6432 » Tue Jan 07, 2014 9:07 pm

Very funny post!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just tells how bad they must be, to make up a name and post under it. Must be losing it, everyone thinks they should be a guide these days.
golden6432
hunter

Postby duckboytoo » Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:05 pm

No, I have worked as an outdoor writer for 40 years and have only known the guy at IYF for 1 year. I know there are some bad outfitters out there. I have come across many myself, but this guys is not one of them…at least for me. And, I have only fired two shots there in 5 trips. I photo other people's hunts. On the flip side, I have seen lots of people who expect too much from a guide. Weather is their worst enemy. They can look horrible one day and look great the next..often depends totally on the weather. Guides are people, too. This guy works harder than any guide I have ever known. He has leases land over a 60 mile stretch and can hunt in three zones. It takes some effort on everyone's part to get to spots. I guess that doesn't agree with some folks. But the effort is worth it; I'm telling you the truth. Obviously every style of hunting does not agree with every individual. But, for hunters to bash one another…I don't get it. Good luck to all of you. Oh…this guy gets calls very often from farmers wanting him to lease their lands, because they have had so much trouble with fly-by-night-opeerators. To each his own.
duckboytoo
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:12 pm

duckboytoo wrote:No, I have worked as an outdoor writer for 40 years and have only known the guy at IYF for 1 year. I know there are some bad outfitters out there. I have come across many myself, but this guys is not one of them…at least for me. And, I have only fired two shots there in 5 trips. I photo other people's hunts. On the flip side, I have seen lots of people who expect too much from a guide. Weather is their worst enemy. They can look horrible one day and look great the next..often depends totally on the weather. Guides are people, too. This guy works harder than any guide I have ever known. He has leases land over a 60 mile stretch and can hunt in three zones. It takes some effort on everyone's part to get to spots. I guess that doesn't agree with some folks. But the effort is worth it; I'm telling you the truth. Obviously every style of hunting does not agree with every individual. But, for hunters to bash one another…I don't get it. Good luck to all of you. Oh…this guy gets calls very often from farmers wanting him to lease their lands, because they have had so much trouble with fly-by-night-opeerators. To each his own.

I don't understand your "leases land over a 60 mile stretch and can hunt in three zones" statement. Missouri only has three state defined hunting zones and I don't know of anywhere that a 60 mile stretch can be in all three. What "zones" are you refering to?

I do not know anyone from IYF nor have I hunted with them so I can not make any statements about them as guides. I do know that in the past we have had someone represent themself as one of the owners come on here spam up our forum, get banned, and then someone else from there come on and claim to be an owner and say that the other person was a "now fired trouble making employee" and it was all a spam and trolling nightmare for a brief time.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby BigAL64 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

870shooter wrote:
"Missouri only has three state defined hunting zones and I don't know of anywhere that a 60 mile stretch can be in all three."

I would like to know where this is also!! I would move there!! LOL!! :lol3:
BigAL64
hunter

Postby talltimber » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:17 pm

This is not the first opinion of this type that I've heard about IYF. I dont know him personally.
The three zone thing wouldn't be a problem if one of them was AR. :lol3:
The farmers are not gonna have a problem with fly by nighters unless they wouldnt pay what IYF will for a lease. :lol3:
talltimber
hunter

Postby oktakem » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:26 pm

It is good to hear feedback from others about guides. I've heard bad things about a few others. Some are no longer around which was referred to above. To be all out honest I wish there was a page on here where people (and guides) could post. As mean as it sounds if guide services got on here knowing that hunters will make people aware that they weren't happy with what they received service wise maybe there would be less fly by night and more honestly good services? Who knows!!!! My buddy had a problem with a guide here in Missouri. Another buddies buddy had a problem with the same guides poaching/trespassing on his land in Southern Ill a couple years ago after he refused to lease a pit to them. Not a surprise why they've been banned from TMP from what I understand. Some give legit services a bad reputation by their antics. After all we are the "Show Me" state....show me honesty!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:04 pm

oktakem wrote: Not a surprise why they've been banned from TMP from what I understand.

It is illegal to charge to guide on any State Conservation Area. They will get more than banned.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby oktakem » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:53 pm

They were supposedly guiding but the major problem was they were changing hunters out throughout the day. I.E. not hunting with the same four that started the day, yet hunting on the original fours cards. They would shoot birds then he would leave with them and bring 3 new guys in. He's really arrogant. This guy doesn't care anyway..... "Show Me" the money!!!!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Postby slickerhater » Wed Feb 05, 2014 4:38 pm

you can have a lot of hunting ground when you trespass ALOT, look up his reviews on facebook plus Im buddies with a farmer that caught him guiding on em after he repeatedly told him no
slickerhater
hunter

Postby 870shooter » Thu Feb 06, 2014 5:49 pm

slickerhater wrote:you can have a lot of hunting ground when you trespass ALOT, look up his reviews on facebook plus Im buddies with a farmer that caught him guiding on em after he repeatedly told him no

If I found out that I was paying someone to guide a hunt and I was taken on to ground where I was trespassing..... :mad: The landowner wouldn't have to call the cops, the guide would have to call them, on me. I would come unglued.
Budweiser ProStaff
870shooter
State Moderator

Postby slickerhater » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:54 pm

Yea it's no good, his clients about got a ticket because of it
slickerhater
hunter

Postby Boom-Boom » Sat Mar 01, 2014 11:57 am

IYF...worst outfitter ever!!!
Boom-Boom
hunter

Postby pkgto66 » Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:49 pm

I would like to also say. I have hunted with quite a few guides and even they said he is the worst. Sleeps at blinds, made paying customers do the labor, and didn't deliver what was promised. Now, i don't mind helping move decoys around. However, when he lays there and sleeps the whole time or just leaves for hours on end. The worst outfitter!! DON"T GO! He gives hunters and guides a bad name. I am sure he is on here countering arguments. Take $400 and go anywhere else.
pkgto66
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting