Meramec river hunting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: KCDuckMaster, SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Meramec river hunting

Postby duckmantaylor » Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:03 am

Was wanting to know what the regulation and rules are for hunting the meramec river. Is there place you need to stay within or what. Have found some good places to hunt but don't know what the rules are.
Thanks
duckmantaylor
Newb

Re: Meramec river hunting

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:14 am

Been told that as long as you are on the river and not on land that its legal. Not too sure abt that though...I'm not sure what STL Co laws are with hunting/discharging firearms and part of the river is in stl county. A portion of the river is in Jeff Co and I'm pretty certain you shoot/hunt there unless its incorporated.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby SMcGarrity » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:17 am

Call George Winter

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Postby oktakem » Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:46 am

According to Arnold police and the lady that is the agent in St. Louis County if you are on the Arnold side of the river you will be charged with discharging a fire arm in city limits. Arnold has a ban on it and both MDC and Arnold say the line is in the middle of the river. As far as St. Louis county goes you are ok as long as you don't step out of your boat. There are two ramps in Arnold so beware. Otherwise it's put in at GWP or the pay ramp off Old Gravois. We just went through it with both last year. The agent warned us not to push it with Arnold. I know officer Ford in Arnold and he confirmed it. We used to hunt the sandbar outside Arnold City Park. Lots of people did. Wouldn't try it now!!!!!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting