Eagle Bluffs

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Eagle Bluffs

Postby MODAKR » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:15 am

got some family coming to town this weekend that want to hunt so i put in for QD and by God if i didn't get drawn for EB this weekend.

i know they killed a few last week, but it slowed down this week and that its prolly not a great hunt, but will be the last hurrah for me.

anyone know if the ducks been killed just a couple hunt pools or do all pools have the same chance to shoot a couple more ducks? i guess i'm comparing to Leach where the past couple weeks its only been a couple pools that have done any good.

i'm prolly gonna give EB a call today too and see what they say but thought i'd see if anyone hunting it recently would be willing to give some perspective.

thanks
MODAKR
hunter

Re: Eagle Bluffs

Postby 2500hdon37s » Fri Dec 27, 2013 11:28 pm

check out the kill sheet when you get there, but really all of the birds have moved out. But If I were to go I'd look at pools 5,3, and 10. possibly 2 or 11. Acuff blind if it isnt reserved.

I saw aprox. 2000 mallards and a few other ducks sitting on the columbia wetlands down there last saturday, But I know some moved out as the kill avg. dropped... not to mention grand pass lost almost 130k birds this week. BUT they have an OK day today considering what the birds and weather are doing.
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MODAKR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 12:44 am

Thanks 2500. I know it's a long shot, but it's the last hurrah. I'll certainly study the kill chart and try to talk to some folks there. The hotline said 5k birds today and it was 3k earlier this week. So I don't know if warm weather changed that or they just guessing. Hoping the front and wind on Sunday will stir them up a bit. And not move them all out ahead of time. There's still birds north of us. A good source has been seeing a big wad of mallards in IA this week.
MODAKR
hunter

Postby MODAKR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 1:10 am

Any guess on what to expect for ice conditions ? Hotline said 2+ inches. But I'd think these 50F temps making it too rotten to hold you walking if not opening up some.
MODAKR
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Sat Dec 28, 2013 6:51 pm

all pools are said to be ice covered, but I havent been there in a few days. so there might be a few open pools from today. But they'll probably freeze up tonight/ tomorrow.

my little brother has some friends that limited on mallards in 5NW this morning.

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby MODAKR » Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:05 pm

thanks very much
MODAKR
hunter

Postby MODAKR » Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Had an EPIC hunt today at EB. The duck Gods looked favorably upon us. It was luck to get in a pool where they really wanted to be. Had greenheads at 15 yds in the decoys before LST and they kept coming until we were done in only 30 min and includes plenty of missing. It was unreal. Many thanks to 2500 and to folks at the draw who we're nice enough to share some local info. Killed out on ringnecks. Greenheads were dumping in within minutes of us getting out of the pool. Awesome way to wrap up the season... :thumbsup:
MODAKR
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:18 am

MODAKR wrote:Had an EPIC hunt today at EB. The duck Gods looked favorably upon us. It was luck to get in a pool where they really wanted to be. Had greenheads at 15 yds in the decoys before LST and they kept coming until we were done in only 30 min and includes plenty of missing. It was unreal. Many thanks to 2500 and to folks at the draw who we're nice enough to share some local info. Killed out on ringnecks. Greenheads were dumping in within minutes of us getting out of the pool. Awesome way to wrap up the season... :thumbsup:

Thats awesome! glad it was worth going!

2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting