Upper Mississippi Blinds

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, birddog crazy, 870shooter

Upper Mississippi Blinds

Postby oktakem » Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:06 pm

I'm hearing that MDC is actually considering making some major changes, not referring to the survey. I'm hearing from some one kinda in the know, not directly so don't shoot me. Talk is of adding more areas to the draw as early as this coming draw. Luesse Lake, Mason Island, Dardenne Island and Jim Crow Island all being added with blind sites. Talk of finally throwing out non residents as able to draw but could still co-register. Am I being told correctly? Anyone that has a really good connection hearing anything? I heard the reaction to the survey was overwhelmingly negative to the changes....so I'm guessing they will go ahead with the proposed changes!! That came from an area manager. I guess if nothing else they will drag their feet and do nothing but wonder why so many are getting fed up with it all. My bet is that little to nothing changes. I'm betting guys that have blinds in these new areas are going to be upset, but we aren't paying for MDC to run a private hunting club for them are we?!
Pass along your love for the outdoors, like someone did for you, and enjoy it with your children. They are our greatest gift from God!
oktakem
hunter

Re: Upper Mississippi Blinds

Postby goosetalk » Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:37 pm

I do not know about the additional areas. I have a reliable informant that stated that the blind drawing will change to the computer eventually and you will have 3 choices for blind selection. When implemented, it will take place in June. I think one choice was a list of 10 blinds and if chosen, you get the first on your list like reservations. I think the other 2 options pertain to some sort of "first available blind".

The issue with whether blinds will have to be built or if boat blinds can be used is currently being drawn up for review.

Jim Crow Island already has draw blinds on it.

I'm not the direct contact, but my informant has MDC manager friends.
goosetalk
hunter

Re: Upper Mississippi Blinds

Postby SMcGarrity » Fri Jan 17, 2014 10:17 am

+1 for boat blinds! So much easier!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
SMcGarrity
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting