Duck Hunting Forum banner

Big River Hunters and Truman lake hunters

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  fowlhabit4 
#1 ·
I recently purchased a boat and I'm going to start hunting bigger water. Just curious as to how to rig dekes for the Missouri River or truman, I know i have to use heavy weights but is it better to rig them on a trout line type setup or have each one with a line and weight. Any advise would be appreciated. the decoys I have now are set up for shallow marsh with 4 ft of cord and 6 oz strap weights in a Texas rig style setup.

#2 ·
Depends how many you are running. 100 or less I would single line them. Get muffin tins and put in a tub of cold water and pour lead into the tins. makes about a pound weight. pour around coated wires with the wire stripped where it is in the lead. wrap decoys and wrap around the head with the coated wire or use bungee material and attach to keel. put extra line on these and short rig where neccessary. I would put 30+ ft on them. When I hunt deep water 30+ ft I use less decoys becasues of time wrapping

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.