Mistakes

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Mistakes

Postby cmsu870 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:34 pm

Well, I'm trying to get some talking in here, and I wanted to know what stupid mistakes people have made out duck hunting, and hopefully we can learn from other people and not make the same mistakes.
I know that one time me and my buddy put all of our gear in the boat that ted shanks provided and when we were putting decoys out, the bottom of the boat had water in it. It soaked both of our coats and other equipment. About every half hour we had to take turns getting water out of the boat. It turned out that the boat had a missing plug on it.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby huntmq1 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 1:10 am

If you use a fold up seat like I use in the blind, no back to it, and a duck flies over your head and behind you, when you lean waaaaaay back and shoot, then fall off the seat backwards, don't grab your buddies arm for support when falling backwards! Especially when he's lined up a fat green head and is just about to pull the trigger!
:salude:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Tue Mar 01, 2005 8:33 am

Sounds like you're speaking from experience on that one HuntMQ1. :mrgreen:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Tue Mar 01, 2005 7:18 pm

Yes I am. If someone would of been filming it, I would be a semi-ritcher man. When I fell backwards, after missing my bird I might add, I pulled down my buddy and he fell right on top of me. We both fell out the back of the blind. :laughing:
huntmq1
hunter

Postby KCDuckMaster » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:39 pm

So it was really early and we were just getting to our spot and I drove our truck right up to our blind, well not right up to about 30yrd from it. We unloaded all our gear and I took my gun out of the case and I set it down next to the gear and I got back in the truck and moved it. Well by the time that I got back to our blind my buddy had already gotten everything down to the blind. So we throw out the decoys and get set up and as we are getting into the blind I look for my gun. Its not at the blind, I had thought that he got it. He said no he thought that I was bringing it with me once I parked the truck. So I go back to were we unloaded the gear and usually there is a spot in the grass that is layed down, so I found the spot and started looking around for it, but and I couldnt find it. We had a flash light out looking for it. We looked and looked for it but couldnt find it. So I was thinking this was starting to suck. I finally found it but not untill it got a little light. That was when I realized I was looking in the wrong spot. Where I was looking was a the spot where we unloaded the gear the day before. Were we unloaded it that day was about 10 yrd down. I had just found some flat grass in the general area and started looking. Luckily I found it otherwise it would have really sucked just sitting there while my buddy shot because that day turned out to be one of our better days.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
hunter

Postby cmsu870 » Wed Mar 02, 2005 8:25 pm

One time me and GSP hunter went out to B.K Leach and drew in to a wade shoot that had been killing some ducks. The conservation agent told us to go on the other side of the slu. When me and brian got out to the spot we could only find a VERY small spot of water, so, we went ahead and put our decoys out. As the day went on and it started to get light out we noticed that ducks were circling very heavily over to our left. We then noticed a HUGE pond of water where ducks were landing and taking off all day. By the time we moved our decoys over there, it was about 10 o'clock and all the good hunting was over. As you might imagine, we went home empty handed, which seems to happen quite a few times when we hunt at b.k
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:47 am

Coming home empty handed at b.k. That might be the reason I didn't even go there this past season.

I got a pretty comical thing I did one morning, not neccesarily a mistake just funny. It was a cold morning so I get all dressed up in everything. Then I see some of those hothands packets in my truck so I grab them, shake em up and give em a toss down my waders to keep my feet warm. Within about 30 seconds I was dancing around, becaue I couldn't keep any weight on the packets. They were burning the heck out of my feet, so I ended up having to take my waders off to get them out.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby cmsu870 » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:07 am

GREAT TIMES... :salude:
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting