Missouri Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Postby swmodukr » Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:37 pm

Cause-A-Boom wrote:goosenchicks huh? at 12 years old what do you know about goosen chicks? I have hunted almost everywhere you could think of in ur tri-county area--the one thing they all have in common is that there are no birds!! let me know how your season goes, mine has been a bust so far, but i have about 3 weeks to redeem myslef--good luck to you--

That aint no lie :huh: . Hopeing that this cold front in the next week and a half freezes up all the ponds and refuges north of us and forces all the ducks to big water :thumbsup: . Both the Como and BS have been pretty much a bust for us this year, just a getting a duck here and a duck there. Probably one of the slowest year as far as number of ducks seen I can remember in the last 10 years.
swmodukr
hunter

Postby justduckingaround » Fri Jan 09, 2009 10:22 pm

I second that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
justduckingaround
justduckingaround
hunter

Postby Cause-A-Boom » Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:09 am

I completely agree! I did see some new birds around on my way to the office this morning--will have to try and get out there in the morning--Good luck to all the SWMO hunters out there!
Huntin' the hard way--
Cause-A-Boom
hunter

Postby goosenchicks » Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:38 pm

Guys I have been goosing chicks since I came out the womb. Tomorrow i am going to have some pictures for you boys, hunting the COMO bout to clean up. wish me luck
goosenchicks
Membership under review

Postby swmodukr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 12:59 pm

goosenchicks wrote:Guys I have been goosing chicks since I came out the womb. Tomorrow i am going to have some pictures for you boys, hunting the COMO bout to clean up. wish me luck

Where's the pics :huh:.
swmodukr
hunter

Postby Cause-A-Boom » Sun Jan 18, 2009 6:25 pm

probably the same place the birds are, NOT HERE! --- SWMODUCKR--no luck even with the front last week??==I sure didn't, but it brought out all the guys who havn't been hunting all year--must of had 3 boats try to come in on my spot saturday morning--never seen so many mojo's out there--hahahaha
Huntin' the hard way--
Cause-A-Boom
hunter

Postby swmodukr » Sun Jan 18, 2009 7:10 pm

Cause-A-Boom wrote:probably the same place the birds are, NOT HERE! --- SWMODUCKR--no luck even with the front last week??==I sure didn't, but it brought out all the guys who havn't been hunting all year--must of had 3 boats try to come in on my spot saturday morning--never seen so many mojo's out there--hahahaha

Bet it looked like opening weekend at a CA :hammer: . Hunted the last 3 day's and never saw another hunter ;). Of course I only shot 8 ducks total (7 gaddy's and 1 GWT), in the 3 days, but had my opportunity to limit out friday and saturday. But I'd rather have it that way then have to fight people trying set up 100 yds downwind of you so they can shoot your swings or watching people skybust everything that get's within 80 yds of em. And then there's the trout fishermen that like to troll thru decoy's or anchor out infront of you and start powerbait fishing or chummin' with corn :no: :mad: .
swmodukr
hunter

Re: Missouri Hunters

Postby Tennessee » Tue Jun 23, 2009 12:33 am

Hey guys I'm new to this sight and have only been living in kirksville,missouri for a year now but i've been huntin' my whole life . I was wondering if any one lived close by . I got some awesome goose land but i love killin' my green heads ther just isn't a really good spot close by .
God'S COUNTRY CALLS
PRO STAFF
Tennessee
hunter

Postby 3dhunting » Sat Jul 04, 2009 1:13 pm

Hey! i live in SC and my pastor has ask me to fly out to st louis in nov when he goes to a siminar. ill have two days to kill while hes in class, im looking for someone to take me duck hunting and im not looking for a free hunt. i just would like to hunt with someone who needs a little extra money for christmas. im a plan old country boy wanting to hunt with the same while im there thanks.
there three kinds of people, one likes to hunt,one loves to hunt,and one has to hunt, I HAVE TO HUNT!
3dhunting
hunter

Postby greatwhitehunter » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:25 pm

:hi: Mike from Savannah, Mo Three kids , 21 son, 20 daughter(deans list umkc),7 son(hunting,horseback ridding, fishing buddy), and a wife of 15 yrs this October. She says that I get obsessed with hunting, drives her crazy. We have 17 horses and love to ride and campout with friends and relatives. Got a new lab last fall, he's going to have his hands full trying to replace the one that passed away last summer, but I think he'll do a good job.
Having fun, and living life to the fullest...
greatwhitehunter
hunter

Postby bandhunter25 » Fri Jul 31, 2009 7:19 pm

Hey guys the name is Brad and I am from the Jefferson City area. I am 25 yrs old and been hunting ducks and geese for a long time. I love to do a lot of field hunting for those big canadas late in the year. I use all zink calls and hate my benilli sbe. But it kills a lot of birds so I cant complain to much.
bandhunter25
hunter

Postby duckman31 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:24 pm

My name is Tim. I live in Southeast MO. I have two step kids 19 and 16. I also have two other kids 15 and 4. One dog for hunting 10 year old choc lab and 1 for the home cocker spaniel. I have been hunting ducks and geese for nearly 20 years now. I also enjoy spring turkey hunting and upland game hunting especially when I return to my home state of Nebraska. GO HUSKERS!!!
I went to school in Columbia and had a great time with my hunting buddy shooting ducks all the time. I have spent the last 6 years adapting to the different style of hunting in the Bootheel. i have come to really enjoy this style also.
duckman31
hunter

Postby Original Al » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:54 pm

Welcome aboard duckman.

Where abouts in SEMO are ya?
I ain't gone to bed with no ugly women, but I've sure woke up with a few

SEMO expert and hater of all things OOS

Duck hunters in the bootheel are the biggest violators in the Mississippi flyway

Take a kid golfing. My hunting spots are too crowded
Original Al
hunter

Postby BobT » Sun Oct 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Hello !
My name is Bob Thompson, I just joined the forum today but I've been hanging around for a few days. I have not been waterfowl hunting in 20 years but decided to get back into it this fall. Some of my best outdoor memories were made in duck blinds. I was on recruiting duty for the Navy in the '80s and did a bunch of duck and goose hunting back then. I transferred to South Carolina in 1990 and there wasn't much waterfowl hunting to do out there back then, not that I could find anyway, so I just kinda got away from it. I'm trying to accumulate enough stuff to get at least some hunting in this fall. If any of my old hunting buddies are on here give me a holler and we'll go hunting!

Bob
It's better to shoot for the moon and hit the fencepost than to shoot for the fencepost and hit the ground!
BobT
Newb

Postby MOduckkiller94 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 2:50 pm

Hey all, I'm from Cape Girardeau County... Love to duck hunt, probably more than deer hunting, which is a shocker because my family owns very good deer hunting ground, but no duck ground.
Rolling Thunder Outdoors Pro Staffer
Geaux Tigers.
-Moduckkiller94-
MOduckkiller94
hunter

Postby duckman31 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:31 am

Original AL,
Sorry for the delay. I forgot I posted on this site. But to answer your question, I live in East Prairie and work in New Madrid.
Have been busy recruiting a kid for this weekend since mine turned 16 this year.
duckman31
hunter

Postby Original Al » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:01 pm

No foolin? I got a bunch of family and friends from EP.

I lease ground right outside of town too.
I ain't gone to bed with no ugly women, but I've sure woke up with a few

SEMO expert and hater of all things OOS

Duck hunters in the bootheel are the biggest violators in the Mississippi flyway

Take a kid golfing. My hunting spots are too crowded
Original Al
hunter

Postby duckman31 » Thu Oct 29, 2009 4:40 pm

who you calling your friends?
I have been here for about 6 years.
I hunt in a lot of places around here, mainly in the middle zone. I have a limited amount of space in the south zone so far.
maybe that will change this year.
duckman31
hunter

Postby bsktball55 » Wed Nov 25, 2009 5:06 pm

My name is Ryan and am from Imperial (South of St. Louis). I mainly hunt in SEMO right outside of Otter Slough where my cousin's own a couple of blinds where they farm.
bsktball55
hunter

Postby joeduckhunter112 » Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:10 pm

Hi i'm joe from o'fallon, 16 and i've been hunting since i remember, dove,duck,goose,deer,rabbit,turkey,and just about anything else. Me and my dad have been looking for a place to waterfowl hunt this fall in a club or where ever. hes willing to spend up to 8 grand for me and my to brothers to go hunting, so a blind for four or whatever. If you got anyhthing just send me a message on here or email me at joesmowing@live.com thanks alot .
joeduckhunter112
hunter

Postby 2500hdon37s » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:52 pm

Drew here 16, just got into goose and duck hunting, last few years, last year was my first year being able to drive so i was able to go hunting a lot more, and i live about 6 miles from the bluffs! i also drive and extremly loud black lifted chevy! :thumbsup: if ya see me at the bluffs (might be in a silver long bed too) come up introduce your self!
NRA and DU member, are you? if not you should be!

rabbitdundied wrote: I use my mojos in places I don't want birds to land.
2500hdon37s
Forum Moderator

Postby SteelMaker » Tue Aug 10, 2010 10:21 pm

Hello everyone my name is Justin and my finance and I just moved to Neosho Missouri. I went to school at Pitt State and hunted Kansas waterfowl for most of my college career. Mostly ducks though I am starting to get into Canada's now. I have been an avid snows hunter though just because I have been asked by local farmers to get them off their land in the spring, don't mind if I do.

I am not familiar with the lottery system if someone could explain it to me that would be great. Didn't have to do that in Kansas.

I am looking forward to meeting some of you that are around the area. If you are in the area shoot me a pm and we can grab a beer sometime.

Good luck hunting .
SteelMaker
Newb

Postby badelkhunter » Wed Aug 11, 2010 8:31 pm

Hey guys and gals, my name is Mike. I live in Aurora, MO (about an hour south of Springfield). I have a very understanding wife and two boys (one 17 and one 18) (Three if you count the five year old chocolate lab). This will be my third year of duck hunting (second year hunting them seriously). I use to be an avid bow hunter, but duck season has kind of taken it over. I still do a lot of bass fishing and predator hunting when I am not duck hunting or preparing for duck season. Glad to see a lot of MO Duck hunter on the site. Hope to see some of you around this season!!
badelkhunter
Newb

Postby SteelMaker » Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:28 pm

Hey man I work in Monett and my company has a couple of workers that are from Aurora. Welcome to the site from a new guy also. Was a huge bow hunter before like you then got into duck hunting and I am hooked and wish I would have started earlier.

badelkhunter wrote:Hey guys and gals, my name is Mike. I live in Aurora, MO (about an hour south of Springfield). I have a very understanding wife and two boys (one 17 and one 18) (Three if you count the five year old chocolate lab). This will be my third year of duck hunting (second year hunting them seriously). I use to be an avid bow hunter, but duck season has kind of taken it over. I still do a lot of bass fishing and predator hunting when I am not duck hunting or preparing for duck season. Glad to see a lot of MO Duck hunter on the site. Hope to see some of you around this season!!
SteelMaker
Newb

Postby leasburg » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:27 pm

Whats up 26 years old live in south county been duckin for 3 years and shootin goats and everything else for 12 years. I freaking love killing geese. got a jon boat, layout boat, hunt private and river. Shoot a nova. Drew a blind on the alton pool this year so i will hunt there a few times i am sure. good hunting to you all
leasburg
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting