Missouri Hunters

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

Re: Missouri Hunters

Postby moneymaker » Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:36 pm

45 year old,new to hunting this is my 1st year trying to kill a duck or goose,hunt from my couch and hope to do some killin
knockemdeadd wrote:how could i put a pricetag on memories made with my son
So can i hunt with you now since i used a qoute from you?hahahahaha
moneymaker
hunter

Postby kwacksmacker » Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:28 pm

reb already beat you to this which i am suprised you didn't know since you replied to it. :hi:
totals for 09/10 season
5 bald eagles, 3 swans, 475 hen canvassbacks, 37 pintails, 400 teal blue wings and the season hasn't even started.
kwacksmacker
hunter

Postby Tennessee » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:02 pm

Hey guys I'm taking on hunters again this year for some intense goose hunting I charge 100 dollars per head a day.I'm located in kirksville if anybody is interested we will be hunting a 500+ acre field of milo and a three acre pond next to a bean field that canadas and snows visit religiously every year.Let me know if your interested in booking a hunt.Contact me at tennesseechildress@gmail.com or at 641 780 8979.
thanks,
Chris
God'S COUNTRY CALLS
PRO STAFF
Tennessee
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:45 pm

i will pay $100 for the whole season to lease the field?
moneymaker
hunter

Postby cbroche10 » Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:12 pm

My Name is Cory,

I live in Utah but spent 2 years in Marshall and hunted Grand Pass a lot. Loved hunting in Missouri and miss all the good folks out there. Hope your season is starting off well and if any of you make it out to Utah, look me up and I will get you on the Green heads!
Cory Roche
Duck Busters Inc.
Corinne Utah
cbroche10
hunter

Postby Grunt » Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:50 pm

Hey guys. My name is Josh and I'm in Springfield. 26, married, 2 black labs, disabled veteran. I've been reading the boards for quite some time just never registered. Well I did tonight. Hunt everytime I can, mostly private land and a few other places. Getting pretty excited for this season, waiting for the middle zone to open up.....
Grunt
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:37 am

you got room on that private land as quickdraw is killing me and CP :lol3:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Tue Apr 05, 2011 10:28 pm

Hey guys, my name is Eric. I'm 19, almost 20. I decided to take a year off from education to basically work and hunt and just do whatever. I will be going to school this fall to become a machinist. Only been hunting waterfowl about a year and a half (season and a half) but man it is addicting. I live in the Kearney/Liberty area and hunt around Smithville Lake and Buckner area by the river. :beer:
Let there be welders, to attach metal to other metal things. Genesis 1:36

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby jbaxter » Sun May 29, 2011 4:27 am

hey the name is josh and started duck hunting right before i enlisted into the military. Now on my third year of service im about to get out after this tour im on right now. im originally from qulin( right outside poplar bluff). And i plan on doing alot more hunting then the last three years. Not sure if ill be moving back to Missouri or Tennessee though after lineman school i guess which ever has the best duck hunting. im also married with daughter who i hope will share the same interest.
jbaxter
hunter

Postby Mar10nz » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:14 am

My name is Tom Martens and am from the Dixon , Missouri area. Born and raised in NE Iowa. Retired US Army. Duck and goose fanatic. Have been in state about 5 years now and am just starting to get deeper into the local duck and goose hunting. Am more than willing to communicate with others on this site about prospective areas!
Mar10nz
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:13 pm

Mar10nz wrote:My name is Tom Martens and am from the Dixon , Missouri area. Born and raised in NE Iowa. Retired US Army. Duck and goose fanatic. Have been in state about 5 years now and am just starting to get deeper into the local duck and goose hunting. Am more than willing to communicate with others on this site about prospective areas!

If you raised and born in NE Iowa, you'll quickly realize that duck hunting around your neck of the woods is the armpit of duck hunting in Missouri. Go east or west and you'll find quite a bit of better duck hunting. I got family that lives down there around the FLW area and works for the Army and when they want to go duck hunting, we always meet up on this side of the side. And those deep woods deer down around that area are a heck of a lot spookier than these cornfed deer up here. :welcome:
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby jamrp@comcast.net » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:47 pm

James Pate moving to columbia MO from GA for school at MU. majoring in Ag systems management. ive deer hunted, fished, duck hunted all my life. but am most interested in duck hunting. i shoot a super nova and have a good chocolate lab. havent hunted here in MO much. always lookin to meet new people :hi:
it's what we do.
jamrp@comcast.net
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Wed Jul 20, 2011 10:03 pm

jamrp@comcast.net wrote:James Pate moving to columbia MO from GA for school at MU. majoring in Ag systems management. ive deer hunted, fished, duck hunted all my life. but am most interested in duck hunting. i shoot a super nova and have a good chocolate lab. havent hunted here in MO much. always lookin to meet new people :hi:

I got a couple good friends that go to MU. Good school.

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby BigMuddy » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:24 am

I live a few miles north of KC , do most my waterfowling at Smithville Lake out of a pontoon / converted to a duck blind . Also do some field hunting around that area. I have a Layout boat which hunt out of at Bob Brown and Nodaway, mostly for early teal season and sometimes head down to Four Rivers . Looks like most of MDC waterfowl manged areas mentioned above are not going have many crops this year due to all the flooding , so probally hang a lot more closer to home this year.
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby shootermedic816 » Mon Jul 25, 2011 7:50 pm

Hey Fellas!
My name is Jonathan, I am 28 and been married almost 3 years. This is my second year of waterfowl hunting and I love every second of it! Grew up in the Liberty area and still live there today. I hunt private land solely since the quick draw thing for MDC was not kind to me last year.
-Jonathan
shootermedic816
hunter

Postby Mar10nz » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:09 am

Greetings all, mar10ns here from around Dixon. Hope to here from neighboring hunters in the aea.
Mar10nz
hunter

Postby goodkarmarising » Fri Aug 26, 2011 10:11 am

Mar10nz wrote:Greetings all, mar10ns here from around Dixon. Hope to here from neighboring hunters in the aea.

Not a lot of duck hunters down around that area. I get down to FLW quite a bit to hang out and hunt with my brother. Welcome to the site.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Tue Sep 06, 2011 6:15 am

Man love these cool mornings --wokeup to 50f this morning , kinda gets my hunting fever up !-- :grooving:
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby fowlplay4fowl » Fri Sep 09, 2011 6:45 pm

My names Brandon, 28, from around springfield area. grew up a deer hunter but found waterfowl as my true passion! been duck hunting now bout 7 yrs an cant get enough. I hunt a lot close to home but my buddys an I go to deer camp in northwest mo, they deer hunt while I spend the time mostly in the water :smile: love to hunt round the missouri river down to the james river and in between. do a lot of hunting by myself or with one other guy so always like to meet new duck hunters! do mostly all flooded timber hunting an excited to try out my new shotgun this yr, just bought the new remington versa-max! worked great for dove hunting so cant wait till this wknd for opener of teal season :clapping: good luck to yall goin this wknd
fowlplay4fowl
hunter

Postby Philippe » Fri Oct 14, 2011 8:34 pm

Im Phil, Totally new to waterfowl hunting, im Money's brother, he gets to drag me around this season and show me the ropes :lol3:
Philippe
hunter

Postby moneymaker » Sat Oct 15, 2011 3:29 am

What are you doing up so early :hi:
moneymaker
hunter

Postby Philippe » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:19 pm

moneymaker wrote:What are you doing up so early :hi:

Turkey bird huntin :lol3: Or sleeping in the woods, whichever you wanna call it :lol3:
Philippe
hunter

Postby golden6432 » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:23 pm

I am Shaun Golden, I live in Gower Missouri.Married 2 kids and my lab. I hunt all around ,mostly private land around PLattsburg, Trimble, Osborn, and Stewartsville and so on. I head up to Bbrown and Nodway every now and then usually only when we have reservations. We got 4 this year all at Nod. Used to hunt smithville but way to many skybusters or there early in the season. I wait to hit it up later in the year after the fair weather hunters hang the gear up. My son can't wait for saturday. He shot is first duck last year( Woodie). He is all fired up.
golden6432
hunter

Postby MOhuntingGuy » Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:39 pm

golden6432 wrote:I am Shaun Golden, I live in Gower Missouri.Married 2 kids and my lab. I hunt all around ,mostly private land around PLattsburg, Trimble, Osborn, and Stewartsville and so on. I head up to Bbrown and Nodway every now and then usually only when we have reservations. We got 4 this year all at Nod. Used to hunt smithville but way to many skybusters or there early in the season. I wait to hit it up later in the year after the fair weather hunters hang the gear up. My son can't wait for saturday. He shot is first duck last year( Woodie). He is all fired up.

:welcome: I drive through Gower all the the time on my way up to St. Joe.

Kenlee's Krew Pro Staff
MOhuntingGuy
Mrs. Red Ryder

Postby golden6432 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 5:01 pm

MOhuntingGuy wrote:
golden6432 wrote:I am Shaun Golden, I live in Gower Missouri.Married 2 kids and my lab. I hunt all around ,mostly private land around PLattsburg, Trimble, Osborn, and Stewartsville and so on. I head up to Bbrown and Nodway every now and then usually only when we have reservations. We got 4 this year all at Nod. Used to hunt smithville but way to many skybusters or there early in the season. I wait to hit it up later in the year after the fair weather hunters hang the gear up. My son can't wait for saturday. He shot is first duck last year( Woodie). He is all fired up.

:welcome: I drive through Gower all the the time on my way up to St. Joe.

Cool I grew up in St. Joe. What do you do there? Where do you live?
golden6432
hunter

PreviousNext

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting