eureka public hunting

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

eureka public hunting

Postby chessie82 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:54 pm

I have recently moved to Eureka MO From IL. I see on the MDC that there are several areas for public hunting. Just looking for any advice on the Pacific Palisades or anywhere else in the area that I could go. Instead of driving to Carlyle Il. Or if anyone has any private land they would want to lease out next year. 
Thank you
chessie82
Newb

Re: eureka public hunting

Postby goodkarmarising » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:27 am

chessie82 wrote:I have recently moved to Eureka MO From IL. I see on the MDC that there are several areas for public hunting. Just looking for any advice on the Pacific Palisades or anywhere else in the area that I could go. Instead of driving to Carlyle Il. Or if anyone has any private land they would want to lease out next year. 
Thank you

Ummm...go find out for yourself or do some calling.
Only number that matters, retrieves by the pup: 176
Cooper: 15
Proud owner of 2 non hunt trial/field trial fire breathers
goodkarmarising
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:40 am

Good lord whats going on around here!!!!!!!!! Lincoln day internet scouting trip!!
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby matt9966 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:25 am

I've never hunted ducks on the Meramec River so take everything I say here in context.
I have hunted the Palisades for Dove and archery deer. Dove is horrible, deer is good in my opinion. With that being said, each time I hunt (dove or deer) there is someone that walks into my hunting area. on a weekend its pretty crowded is what i am hinting at. If your hunting the river portion - be careful and watch the water levels this summer. High water could make it decent this fall if you find the spot they want to be at whereas droughts would probably make the meramec a lot harder to hunt. And i am sure there will be lots of competition with the Pacific city limits less than a few miles away. if your hunting the inland portion, get there early. lots of hunters use the area for various hunting opportunities.

Something to ask around about would be if part of the river is considered within the Pacific city limits. I know earlier this year there was a thread here about this same very issue with the city of Arnold. Wouldn't hurt to look into
matt9966
hunter

Postby chessie82 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:03 pm

Thank you matt9966. I have never hunted on the Merrimack before. I will certainly give it a try. I was just looking for a starting point and I think I got it I will do the work this summer out there and see how it looks. Thanks again.
chessie82
Newb

Postby matt9966 » Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:40 pm

1 piece of advice: be careful on that river, it looks calm but there are some mean undertoes Don't forget that life jacket
matt9966
hunter

Postby SPatrick » Sat Feb 15, 2014 2:36 pm

and a jet or mud motor.
Shaun Patrick
Avery Prostaff
HEVI-Shot Prostaff
SPatrick
State Moderator

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting