hunting lease

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: SPatrick, 870shooter, birddog crazy

hunting lease

Postby addicted2duck » Thu Sep 27, 2007 6:11 pm

What do you guys pay for your leases?
addicted2duck
DHC Sponsor

Postby MotoStar929rr » Mon Oct 01, 2007 6:59 pm

Lease a pit on cheziks by mound city...7,000 or more
Lease on Big Creek...6,000.00
Lease on small hit and miss places....up to 6,000

Killin more birds without a lease than the guys with leases...on public land....Ahhh priceless.

You know whadda mean punk...lol
MotoStar929rr
hunter

Postby Ducks4Coach » Tue Oct 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Hey Moto, That's a great way to put it. Wouldn't want to drop big cash on a place that I can get for free.

That lease out on that one public place... oh yeah, it's free.
-Coach

Going for 50!
Ducks4Coach
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:00 pm

You can find leases anywhere from $1,000 to $1,000,000. I hunted one last year that was $1000 and we killed a total of 42 ducks off of it. I killed way more ducks on pub ground last year than I did at this place, which is why I'm not back again this year.

I would say plan on spending around $2500 if you want a solid place to hunt ducks with success regularly. By success I mean they are killing 400+ in a season. You can luck into cheaper places that kill ducks, but they are harder to find.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby reddog1 » Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:19 pm

have any of you guys tried leasing with one of those organizations like Mid-America Hunting Association or Hunting Sports Plus?
reddog1
hunter

Postby MotoStar929rr » Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:10 pm

reddog1 wrote:have any of you guys tried leasing with one of those organizations like Mid-America Hunting Association or Hunting Sports Plus?
I've considered but...1300.00 to get in and 900 a year....plus the people I know that used it hated it. They could never get reservations for the good spots they wanted to hunt...Seems like an expensive gamble to this ol boy.
MotoStar929rr
hunter

Postby reddog1 » Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:46 pm

Yeah it sounds like a good deal considering how much other leases run but not being able to easily reserve the spots I'd want to hunt sort of defeats the purpose. Thanks for responding.
reddog1
hunter

Postby ladaleo » Sat Oct 06, 2007 7:55 pm

i was i huntin sports plus last year,and i can tell you they dont have any good spots....
ladaleo
hunter

Postby willowbend » Sun Oct 28, 2007 5:02 am

Ken Bell always has a few spots in Sikeston starting at $3500 but the last 3 years i didnt kill but maybe 50 ducks total over the 3 years and i wont be back,way to much skybusting from other pits around the area!!!!Really liked the solitude and Ken but to many leases on his ground now and not enough birds until January.

Will be looking for a 2008-2009 lease myself or just join Buzz Kliens place for about $1900
willowbend
hunter

Postby cut-em » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:52 pm

Where is Buzz Klien's place? I might be interested in something like that.
cut-em
hunter

Postby vapor300 » Fri Nov 30, 2007 9:32 pm

I am pretty sure you can ses buzz's place from 370
vapor300
hunter

Postby cut-em » Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:51 pm

Does anyone have any contact info on Buzz's place. Thanks in advance.
cut-em
hunter

Postby knockemdeadd » Wed Dec 05, 2007 6:44 pm

If its the Buzzie I'm thinking of (how many Buzzie's that own duck

clubs can there be?), the club is Sunrise Duck Club, in the St

Charles Bottoms. Hunted there once a few years back, yeah, killed

some birds. No idea how to get in touch. Hope this helps ?
knockemdeadd
hunter

Postby Deadeye » Thu Dec 06, 2007 8:44 am

I would not hunt Buzzys If it was the last place in the world to hunt ducks.To many yahoos. :thumbsdown:
Jig is my green headed corn grinder finder.
Deadeye
hunter

Postby clark17 » Thu Dec 06, 2007 5:37 pm

My buddy guides in poplar bluff check out their website www.bustingbeaks.com they may be able to point you in the direction of some good leases. They know a few places around coon island, otter slough.
clark17
hunter

Postby B Phillips » Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:11 pm

Hey Reddog, I have belonged to every club in the k.c. area. I started with Mid America and left for a while and have now come back to it. John at Mid America by far has the best club of them all. He has one lease in the Bob Brown area, two in the fountain grove area, three on big creek, two on the grand river and four wade in areas by four rivers. I think all of them have wade in areas where you can use a layout boat. I don't have any problems making reservations. I have made them the day before a hunt many times with no problems. My dues are close to $1000 a year and a lot cheaper than most guys who lease their own and I can go where ever the ducks are and they're stuck in one place. The other clubs couldn't pay me to hunt they're properties. Mid America is by far the best. By the way my uncle has a real nice place by Urich I can hunt for free, but I like Mid Americas properties better. This probably sounds like I work for them,but if you look at my profile you will see I work for Missouri Gas Energy. If you want send me a PM I can tell you more.
born to hunt forced to work
B Phillips
Newb

Postby moduckdoc » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:28 pm

I would hunt MDC ground before I would hunt Kleins. He wanted me to guide there after I hunted there a couple of times as a guest. I pretty much told him I would not even come back to hunt as a guest let alone consider guiding for him. He is pretty much of a jerk and very controlling in who hunts where. Never again especially not if I was going to be paying.
moduckdoc
Newb

Mid America Hunting Association

Postby Ks now MO Duck Hunter » Sun Apr 10, 2011 1:40 pm

See a bit of discussion about Mid America Hunting Association (MAHA) I hunt with them as much as my job allows. I hunt every day that i have, have never been told no by the office. Every once in a while a blind I like may have been taken by another. That is not much there are always other spots. Their water is more reliable than I have experienced on public wetlands. The occasional hunter I run into has been a good experienced. on public wetlands I try not to talk to any one. Not the case with MAHA. Over all it is not for all. But, everyone should try it first hand rather than rely on me or others that only "heard" of the group.
Ks now MO Duck Hunter
hunter

Re: hunting lease

Postby knockemdeadd » Sun Apr 10, 2011 2:18 pm

I feel exactly the same way. He's a major jerk, and I'd rather not hunt than go to Sunrise Duck Club in St Charles MO !!

You hunt in his pit you may get to shoot. Otherwise, you wont, and dont even think about blowing a duck call !!! NO THANKS !!
knockemdeadd
hunter

Re: Mid America Hunting Association

Postby i_willie12 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 1:10 pm

Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:See a bit of discussion about Mid America Hunting Association (MAHA) I hunt with them as much as my job allows. I hunt every day that i have, have never been told no by the office. Every once in a while a blind I like may have been taken by another. That is not much there are always other spots. Their water is more reliable than I have experienced on public wetlands. The occasional hunter I run into has been a good experienced. on public wetlands I try not to talk to any one. Not the case with MAHA. Over all it is not for all. But, everyone should try it first hand rather than rely on me or others that only "heard" of the group.

Thread is 4 years old :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stop advertising for MAHA :no: :no:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re:

Postby Ks now MO Duck Hunter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:14 am

reddog1 wrote:Yeah it sounds like a good deal considering how much other leases run but not being able to easily reserve the spots I'd want to hunt sort of defeats the purpose. Thanks for responding.

Which group are you talking about. i too have been with both. I dropped HSP. Stuck with MAHA and get to hunt every day that i want. I may not get the exact spot I wanted as someone beat me to it, but I do hunt somewhere. Much better than waiting in line at Bob Brown!!!!!!!
Ks now MO Duck Hunter
hunter

Postby Ks now MO Duck Hunter » Fri Jul 15, 2011 10:21 am

i_willie12 wrote:
Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:See a bit of discussion about Mid America Hunting Association (MAHA) I hunt with them as much as my job allows. I hunt every day that i have, have never been told no by the office. Every once in a while a blind I like may have been taken by another. That is not much there are always other spots. Their water is more reliable than I have experienced on public wetlands. The occasional hunter I run into has been a good experienced. on public wetlands I try not to talk to any one. Not the case with MAHA. Over all it is not for all. But, everyone should try it first hand rather than rely on me or others that only "heard" of the group.

Willie, it does not matter how old a thread is when it is blatantly wrong information. I am not advertising for maha. It is that these forums are full of ms leading, non first hand, non attribution information that does me and others little good when trying to find accurate information from what should be non-biased sources. My return today was to search for a place in Idaho and i find this crap. What should be a legitimate information source is corrupted by many who deal is rumor and gossip.
Ks now MO Duck Hunter
hunter

Postby i_willie12 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:19 pm

Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:

Willie, it does not matter how old a thread is when it is blatantly wrong information. I am not advertising for maha. It is that these forums are full of ms leading, non first hand, non attribution information that does me and others little good when trying to find accurate information from what should be non-biased sources. My return today was to search for a place in Idaho and i find this crap. What should be a legitimate information source is corrupted by many who deal is rumor and gossip.

If you are looking for a place in Idaho HOW did you end up in a hunting lease's thread in MO from 2007 :huh: :huh: :huh:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Re: hunting lease

Postby momoman » Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:19 pm

And why would you want more people joining MAHA? That just increases the percentage of your "favorite blind" getting reserved!
We all can see that MAHA is sucking wind and you are trying to drum up some business!
momoman
hunter

Postby Ks now MO Duck Hunter » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:44 pm

i_willie12 wrote:
Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:

If you are looking for a place in Idaho HOW did you end up in a hunting lease's thread in MO from 2007 :huh: :huh: :huh:

Just side tracked. It is that simple. Nothing nefarious. You again show no objective contribution to the discussion. It appears there are too many folks that simply like to cause conflict.
Ks now MO Duck Hunter
hunter

Next

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting