hunting lease

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Re: hunting lease

Postby BPSgrizzly » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:57 am

i so am very interested in hunting leases and even maybe buying some ground so if anyone has any info please throw it out there we have money and guys very interested but would like to stay under 5000$ ive found a couple through google but nothing that seems worth it please help
BPSgrizzly
hunter

Re: Mid America Hunting Association

Postby i_willie12 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 8:35 am

Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:
Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:
i_willie12 wrote:
Ks now MO Duck Hunter wrote:See a bit of discussion about Mid America Hunting Association (MAHA) I hunt with them as much as my job allows. I hunt every day that i have, have never been told no by the office. Every once in a while a blind I like may have been taken by another. That is not much there are always other spots. Their water is more reliable than I have experienced on public wetlands. The occasional hunter I run into has been a good experienced. on public wetlands I try not to talk to any one. Not the case with MAHA. Over all it is not for all. But, everyone should try it first hand rather than rely on me or others that only "heard" of the group.

Thread is 4 years old :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Stop advertising for MAHA :no: :no:

Willie, it does not matter how old a thread is when it is blatantly wrong information. I am not advertising for maha. It is that these forums are full of ms leading, non first hand, non attribution information that does me and others little good when trying to find accurate information from what should be non-biased sources. My return today was to search for a place in Idaho and i find this crap. What should be a legitimate information source is corrupted by many who deal is rumor and gossip.

If you are looking for a place in Idaho HOW did you end up in a hunting lease's thread in MO from 2007 :huh: :huh: :huh:

Just side tracked. It is that simple. Nothing nefarious. You again show no objective contribution to the discussion. It appears there are too many folks that simply like to cause conflict.

Most be side tracked..... Replying to something almost 2 years old!!! :hammer: :hammer: :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
"Some people pride themselves on how far they can shoot ducks others pride themselves on how close they can get them. I'm an other!!! "
John Stephens RNT

HRCH Wilson's Grand Priarie Pintail "Sprig"
i_willie12
hunter

Postby BigMuddy » Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:13 pm

Just so I can be a objective contributionist -- :biggrin: --. Prairie Lakes Inc. located near Rick Hill , MO. up against I belive Pool # 4 of Four Rivers Refuge . It has a lodge that will sleep a dozen or more ,full bar,hottub, huge den with a 60' plazma TV hooked up with dish . Kitchen and 2 or 3 full bathrooms, huge deck with anything you'd want to cook up anything , fryers,several grills and smokers ect . ATV's you ride out to your duck spot , servents that will place your decoys out and take them in where you want them. Pit blinds , Pond blinds , pass shooting on the refuge side and walk in timber hunting and more ---add a few hookers and it would be paradise-- :wink: Its been there for over a 100 years , but I only hunted it in the 1980's./1990's ? They tore that lodge down and built a better one costing over a Million $ . You have to be a rich snoody duck hunter that doesn't know how to hunt ducks or call and needs someone to hold his hand in the swamp , so it might be just the place for you !--- :umm: (sorry had to). Last I knew think it was $35,000 to join and $6,000 annual dues , but its probally double in cost since the 1990's . The only reason I got to hunt there was my friend guided there and his great grandfather ran the place for years. Good Luck !

Big Muddy
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby CuivreDog » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:01 pm

BigMuddy wrote:Just so I can be a objective contributionist -- :biggrin: --. Prairie Lakes Inc. located near Rick Hill , MO. up against I belive Pool # 4 of Four Rivers Refuge . It has a lodge that will sleep a dozen or more ,full bar,hottub, huge den with a 60' plazma TV hooked up with dish . Kitchen and 2 or 3 full bathrooms, huge deck with anything you'd want to cook up anything , fryers,several grills and smokers ect . ATV's you ride out to your duck spot , servents that will place your decoys out and take them in where you want them. Pit blinds , Pond blinds , pass shooting on the refuge side and walk in timber hunting and more ---add a few hookers and it would be paradise-- :wink: Its been there for over a 100 years , but I only hunted it in the 1980's./1990's ? They tore that lodge down and built a better one costing over a Million $ . You have to be a rich snoody duck hunter that doesn't know how to hunt ducks or call and needs someone to hold his hand in the swamp , so it might be just the place for you !--- :umm: (sorry had to). Last I knew think it was $35,000 to join and $6,000 annual dues , but its probally double in cost since the 1990's . The only reason I got to hunt there was my friend guided there and his great grandfather ran the place for years. Good Luck !

Big Muddy

You think they'll take a bad check? :hi:
Brett
CuivreDog
hunter

Postby ira » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:32 pm

Man, I tell you what. Running a decent duck place takes some serious cash and time even if you take the cost of the ground out of the equation. It would be an EXTREMELY rare spot that would be an exception. We are very fortunate to have one or 2 of those spots.

The true costs of providing food and water on 100 acres of ground whether in a good spot or bad spot will be between 5000 and 40000$ depending on whether you have electric or not and how much and what type of food you are leaving. That is just for annual costs of food and water factored in. No land costs.

IMO, a $5000 lease per man for pretty solid, non-crowded duck hunting is a fair shake, for sure. Public is the best value. It still costs a lot, I promise you, but the tax payer is footing the bill. I love hunting public ground, just not WMA's.....
ira
DHC Sponsor

Postby BigMuddy » Thu Jan 31, 2013 2:24 am

Yeah Ira I know I couldn't afford it , or would rather spend my money on other things . The greatest hunting I ever had for ducks for me was the walk-in flooded timber hunting there. It was so cool watching those ducks commit dodging those trees to come land. Wish they more of that in Missouri ! The people who managed the place waisted so much money it there it was enough to make the average blue coller worker sick. The first replacement lodge washed off the foundation when it flooded the area and they replaced it again. They were so stubborn on having most of the area planted with dry soil crops some years they'd replant several times in the Spring to get them to grow when it was a natural moist soil area. -- :rolleyes: -- Sometimes it seems people have more money to waist then I'll ever have to live on !
BigMuddy
hunter

Postby Cliner » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:38 pm

If it was the right spot, I would easily drop 5k a year to hunt. We are looking for land to buy right now but it's so damn hard to find a good, reliable spot. I, apparently, don't know the right people to get pointed in the right direction.

Ira, I agree with you. We have ran some numbers with farmer friends of mine on food/water costs and it is expensive. We have thought about buying 100 acres and flooding 30 and farming the other 70. It could still be a nice duck hole but it would cover some of the food/water/electric costs. It's definitely not a poor mans game if you want to do it up.
Work hard, relax hard.
Cliner
hunter

Previous

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting