Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: 870shooter, birddog crazy, SPatrick

Postby bgoldhunter » Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:26 pm

Last edited by bgoldhunter on Sun Oct 12, 2008 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bgoldhunter
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:50 am

I've been out twice so far (Tuesday and Wednesday) couldn't get any birds to work for me, but it's tough because I was only hunting about 20 acres. The storms yesterday cancelled a hunt yesterday morning, but I'm leaving tonight to head up to Northeast, MO for a Sat and Sun hunt. The only thing that sucks is how cold it's supposed to get. Hopefully I'll have some pictures of my bird and some of the other guys birds I'm going with. If it all goes good, I may find some mushrooms too!

Good Luck to anybody going out this weekend.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby cmsu870 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:33 am

Hopefully we can all post up some pictures of birds. Me and Will are going to the quarry Saturday and Sunday. The only thing that sucks is that the quarry is going to be open on Saturday which it might be hard to hear the birds gobbling with all the trucks going down the roads.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Mon Apr 25, 2005 8:21 am

I got one Saturday and I'll get pic up as soon as I can.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby JPgreenhead » Thu Apr 28, 2005 6:29 pm

i got one one the first day of the youth season...he was 22 pounds had a 10" beard and 1" spurs....got him right off the roost barley even had to call to him...the hunt was over at 6:30
JPgreenhead
hunter

Postby gsphunter » Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:36 pm

Congrats JP. Nothing like those short hunts.

I should have had one of those last Sunday. I was set up about 75 yards away from a bird on roost. All the sudden right at light, cows show up and start licking my decoy. I move a little ways and the bull run a group of cows right down in front of me again, and then deer come running through the field I was in and go right into the woods where the tom should've come out. Needless to say he stopped gobbling and wasn't comin my way.

It couldn't have got much worse.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby huntmq1 » Fri May 06, 2005 3:09 pm

WHOOPEEEEE! Finally got one this morning at Stockton Lake. Riding around in the boat and listening to the toms is how we've been doing it. The hunting this year has been horrible. My buddy, the caller, and I got a double together! Pretty cool! We had three toms and a hen come in at 9:40 a.m. this morning. It's tough trying to get two people sitting side by side on two birds 15 yards apart. We kiiled the two subordinate toms. The BIG gobbler stayed hidden at 40 yards in some really thick stuff. You should of heard him spittin' and drummin'. Mine was only 17 lbs., 10 inch beard, and 1 inch spurs. He tore his wing feathers apart from struttin and fighting and his breast was bare from breeding. My buddys was 20 lbs., 10 1/2 beard and 1 inch spurs. I'll try and get pics up. They are a very light buff copper color with lots of green and purple. Beutiful birds.
:salude:
Hey, did you grab the blind bag with the shells when we left the truck?
Safetys, use them: If you can see red, you can get dead!
huntmq1
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting