Any Luck

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, 870shooter, KCDuckMaster, SPatrick

Any Luck

Postby cmsu870 » Mon Apr 25, 2005 2:21 pm

Did anybody here have any luck turkey hunting? I know up here at school that nobody did any good. I saw two hens, and a tom flying away from me, and that is all i saw.
They make those?
Tyler
cmsu870
State Moderator

Postby KCDuckMaster » Mon Apr 25, 2005 5:14 pm

Nope, No luck here in KC. I had a live decoy out infront of me for about an hour clucking and yelping but nothing responded. Then later at about 6:30-7:00 I saw about 10 hens out in a field so that means they aren't on nest. So I would say its still to early here, hopfully it will be going by next weekend and if not by then it better be going by the last weekend or I'll be SOL.
If they weren’t meant to be eaten, then why are they made of meat?
KCDuckMaster
Forum & State Moderator

Postby gsphunter » Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:00 am

[img][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v735/gsphunter/brianturkey.jpg[/img]

He was a little bird, but oh well.

I'd agree with KC. The hunting should only get better from what I've seen. I saw quite a few large flocks of hens, and I saw only two on nest. The one scared the crap out of me, because I was walking along a creek looking for mushrooms and it flew up about 5 yards in front of me. Good Luck if any body goes out. I should be going again Thursday and then maybe this weekend. I might even try the second one with my bow.[/img]
gsphunter
hunter

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting