Boating License

Duck hunting in Missouri topics of discussion are found here. Also MO is becoming one of the top Snow goose hunting destinations.

Moderators: birddog crazy, SPatrick, 870shooter

Boating License

Postby gsphunter » Mon May 02, 2005 3:38 pm

Hey guys I just wanted to give people a heads up. I know it came as a shock to me that I had to get a license to operate a boat on Missouri waterways this year, so I thought I would just let people know in case they didn't already. I don't remember the age cut off for people who don't have to get certified, but I do know that there is a grandfather clause in the law.
gsphunter
hunter

Postby ACEBLDRS » Mon May 02, 2005 6:30 pm

I found this:

Mandatory Boater Education
Beginning January 1, 2005, every person born after January 1, 1984, who operates a vessel on Missouri lakes shall possess, on the vessel, a boating safety identification card issued by the Missouri State Water Patrol (along with a valid photo ID). If you fall into the required age range and are a resident of Missouri, you will need to obtain a Missouri certification card. If you are a resident of Missouri but do not fall into the age range, you are not required to have the Missouri card. Remember, a vessel is every motorboat and motorized watercraft including a personal watercraft.

Any person convicted of Boating While Intoxicated, Reckless and Negligent Operation, Failing to Stop on Signal of Water Patrol, or Leaving the Scene of a Vessel Accident shall enroll in and successfully complete, at his or her own expense, a boating safety education course. They must then file with the court proof of successful completion of such course and submit a certified copy to the Missouri State Water Patrol. The convicted person cannot operate a vessel until such filing is made.

I found this on http://boat-ed.com/mo/
.....you've got to ask yourself a question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?

Dirty Harry

Die' en ain't much of a livin' son.
ACEBLDRS
Spoon Bill hunter extraordinaire

Postby gsphunter » Tue May 03, 2005 7:23 am

Thanks for the added info. :thumbsup:
gsphunter
hunter

Postby Internet Scouter » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:06 pm

Also plan on having your registration, navigation lights, life jackets and fire extinguisher to make your boat legal..

There is a new enforcement team on the Conservation Areas this year that plan on enforcing all the boat laws :thumbsup:
Scouting reports by internet.....
Internet Scouter
Newb

Return to Missouri Duck Hunting